• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Camplex Video

PAULBACH

camplex-aerial-med.jpg

Check out this video. <- Click Here

Last edited:
That tells the story I have been trying to tell the folks on this forum about Wyoming for quite awhile.

Can't wait! I've been pouring over maps for a couple of days now.

Do you really think that clip is going to encourage or make anyone feel better about their decision to attend?

Not trying to make anyone feel better or worse. It's a piece of information, some more data. Without data decisions are DWI - Decisions Without Information.
:laugh
If a member is going they know what to expect. If not going then the member knows what is there.

Additionally there will be many pictures posted on the forum daily to keep all the members at home in the loop. And of course there are many fine regional rallies like

The Yankee Beemer Rally
The Finger Lakes Rally
The VERMONT rally

and now folks can add their own nomination.

Do you really think that clip is going to encourage or make anyone feel better about their decision to attend?

Don't know about you, Mike, but having been to the Camplex last July, and knowing Wyoming pretty good, I see it as extremely good representation, and brings out the best of what this year's national has to offer.

Some of the comments and opinions posted by a few disgruntled members since the location was announced, show a distorted view of both the location and the State of Wyoming, and have been really jaded and misreresentational of what this years BMWMOA Rally is going to be.

I really hate to ask, but what's your take on this year's National? You going, or not and why?

Dale

We're going! Can hardly wait to "Roll On"! Video only gets us more in the mood to travel west. To those that are not able to attend, we'll miss you. To those that will be there, it's gonna be one for the memories! Either way, "Ride like the Wind..." we will see yoiu all some where down the road!

Riding Like the Wind...

CHASMAN

Don't know about you, Mike, but having been to the Camplex last July, and knowing Wyoming pretty good, I see it as extremely good representation, and brings out the best of what this year's national has to offer.

Some of the comments and opinions posted by a few disgruntled members since the location was announced, show a distorted view of both the location and the State of Wyoming, and have been really jaded and misreresentational of what this years BMWMOA Rally is going to be.

I really hate to ask, but what's your take on this year's National? You going, or not and why?

Dale

I've been to 3 Nationals, but I am not a huge rally kind of a guy. While I know that the people are a big part of the attraction of a rally, my decision to attend is heavily influenced by the venue. This one has no appeal for me, and the photos, video clips, etc, just confirms my opinion of the place. I would be hard preesed to come up with any positive attributes. There's no shade, the town appears to be workmanlike type place, fine if have you have to live there for work, but hardly a place for a vacation. I suspect I'd have a hard time finding a decent micro, meal or cup of coffee:cry

I don't have a problem with the state. As a matter of fact, one of my more enjoyable adventures was in the Snowy Range outside of Laramie. Good riding, and the small town of Saratoga has a free, 24 hour community hot spring, a pool, a couple of western bars, and there's a hotel/restaurant/bar housed in a historic stage coach stop that I can highly recommend.

I suspect I'd have a hard time finding a decent micro, meal or cup of coffee:cry .

We're having some great microbrew, (hopefully good food), and White Cloud Coffee at the rally. You could even stop by Deb's or my abode, and we'll make you some coffee in our fancy dancy Jet Boil:laugh

I don't have a problem with the state. As a matter of fact, one of my more enjoyable adventures was in the Snowy Range outside of Laramie. Good riding, and the small town of Saratoga has a free, 24 hour community hot spring, a pool, a couple of western bars, and there's a hotel/restaurant/bar housed in a historic stage coach stop that I can highly recommend.

You're absolutely correct about the Snowy Range!! It was a quest of mine for many years. After 3 disappointing visits (pass closed), snow and rain......I finally conquered it on the 4th time, and was blessed with sunshine and a fantastic ride.

Sorry you've decided not to join us....maybe we'll see you in '09 in .............(thought I'd slip, didn't you:laugh

Back