• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RT Footpeg Lowering Kit

R53hgd55

I have a 2000 R1100RT and was curious if anyone has had experience with driver's footpeg lowering kit installs and if the benefits outweigh the costs and installation hassles. On long trips I get soreness in my knees that I'm trying to alleviate. Any feedback is appreciated including recommended brands.... issues to consider, etc..

Ilium footboards are great. They lower your foot position and give you many ways to move yoiur foot around. I had the same knee problems. They are very expensive but in time you will feel they are worth it. Also, try raising your seat a little or riding on a pad. A&S BMW sell them on the net or you can buy them direct.

Some type of cruising pegs would also help to give you another position to alternate to. Good Luck.:bikes

Takes it all

I have a 2000 R1100RT with lowered pegs, highway pegs, handlebar adjusters, and modified seat. I like them all. I will tell you after GILLETTE if they work. I also wear a back support.

OLY20080518009.jpg

Link to Details

I have heard the boards are great but are in the way when you are trying to place your feet on the ground, which is already difficult for people less than 6 feet tall.

Last edited:
Surbaban Machinery lowering kit

DL3_sm_bike_footpegkit.jpg

I put these on my 2000 RT for two reasons. 1. I couldn't get my toe under the shift lever. 2. My hips would seize up occasionally with the regular pegs.

I've been very happy with the extended leg room. They cost $172 at A&S Motorcycles. Installing the first took me about 40 minutes. The second about 10. (learning curve and all that) It helps to have a third hand available to install the springs.

I've been happy with them, my gimpy knees don't give me any pain so far.

I have the very similar footpeg lowers on my Rockster. It was actually no hassle at all to install it and everything on me feels better. I have yet to scrape them.

Back