Thread: "a tale of two rivers" tour of wisconsin

Poor man's k-bike owner kreinke's Avatar

"a tale of two rivers" tour of wisconsin

Starting Friday my friend Paul joined Garrett and I on a 2 day trip to northern Wisconsin and back.

The plan was for Paul to meet me at the Burger King in Westfield on....you guessed it....Friday the 13th.

After filling up the Roadster with premium Garrett and I were colling our jets eating Pop Tarts (good road food) and drinking Powerade when in the distance we could hear the staccato "blapp-blapp" of Paul's V-Strom Leo Vince pipes decelerating down the exit ramp.

A few minutes later we set off.

I could write on and on about the great places we ate at like Herb's rafting resort south of White Lake, Wisconsin.

I could write on and on and bore you to tears about how twisty Wisconsin HWY 47 is through the Menominee reservation....or how we didn't have any close calls with wildlife....except for that one wild turkey outside Wautome.

Instead, I made this little video of some of the things we saw and did and put them to music. This is my first effort at using Windows Movie Maker so if it's a little sloppy.....screw you!

Enjoy!

franze
    Nice work. I'm sure your son had a good time hangin with Pops! Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

SNC1923
    Great film! Doesn't feel like your first time at all. Well done. Great looking kid, too.

What fun!

Your son is the absolute envy of all of his friends. What a cool Dad!

Nice job. No need to apologize. I really enjoyed the trip. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us.
    Ride Well

Neat post. I like the combination of video and stills! Lucky kid!
    Dan

Poor man's k-bike owner kreinke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    Neat post. I like the combination of video and stills! Lucky kid!
    I really appreciate the positive comments. My other son and I are taking a ride in two weeks and I'm going to do something similar for him as well.

In case any of you guys didn't see it, my inspiration for doing this style of montage is from SFARSON.

This video is saved on my hard drive and is the standard to which all others should be judged.