• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Good Places to Eat in Gillette

Are there any good eating places in Gillette??

They have the usual chains and Fast food establishments. We've eaten at the Chop House and the Prime Rib and had good food each time. Also we've had several good meals at the Bootlegger (Clarion).

A must do is Lulu Belle's for Cinammon and Caramel rolls!!!! We tried to get them as a vendor, but they're not staffed for that.

They have the usual chains and Fast food establishments. We've eaten at the Chop House and the Prime Rib and had good food each time. Also we've had several good meals at the Bootlegger (Clarion).

A must do is Lulu Belle's for Cinammon and Caramel rolls!!!! We tried to get them as a vendor, but they're not staffed for that.

Popeyes Chicken right around the corner from Camplex; and not a dirty dive type Popeye, but a tastee one..

My guess is that town gotta have some good Mexican food hidden away, anybody local want to comment on that one?

Food?

I'll be eat'in at the local soup kitchen, after buying my "gas" to get there:). Karol, maybe this is a good idea! Open a soup/chili kitchen at the rally:), for support of some charity,etcetc....Keep the pots cooking all night and reasonably priced, with wheat rolls. I like it:). I know its late and these ideas are just out there. Soup, how simple can it get? I'm very serious, cutting my budget somewhere for bike trips and will make Gillette, no matter what. Its really not a huge issue for me and maybe many others(getting to Gillette), but money is not going anywhere near as far as it did and I'm afraid too many are feeling the pinch, bigtime. I want all my 7-8000 Beemer friends there:)...Randy"Polarbear":eat

There is a place down by the tracks that has a good breakfast burrito. I don't remember the name, but I should be able to remember it again. I sure hope so; I tried my first McGriddles at the West Bend National. Never again. Don't ask. There's a fishing story here, and that's all I'm gonna say.

There is a place down by the tracks that has a good breakfast burrito. I don't remember the name, but I should be able to remember it again. I sure hope so; I tried my first McGriddles at the West Bend National. Never again. Don't ask. There's a fishing story here, and that's all I'm gonna say.

Lulu Belle's is down by the tracks....definitely not fancy, but great caramel rolls

For the most part the rally food on campus will keep me busy, and cooking a few brookies hopefully (sorry Snoone) Friday night...:eat

But Saturday night would be nice to go eat the local Mexican, some chicken molay perhaps, a green chili buritto, smothered maybe, one or two along with a Margarita a virgin for me of course...I have to ride home!:)

I will begin my quest....:eat

The Popeye's restaurant is closed. There are three mexican food places in town Maria's good, cheap, and our favorite, Las Margaita's, and Casa Del Rey. There is also a place called Mona's (that is down by the tracks) that also has mexican food and according to a friend of mine a very good breakfast burrito. There is also a BBQ place called Pokey's that is pretty good. There is also a Golden Corral, Applebee's, Perkins and Village Inn. Unfortunately the best restaurant Humphrey's will not be open due to a fire that happened last fall. There are a few Asian restaurants: Hong Kong, China Buffet, and the Great wall. :eat

favorite restaurants in Gillette

Are there any good eating places in Gillette??

Although I live in Rapid City, i've been working from time to time in Gillette for over ten years. When I'm staying overnight, I have some favorites:

Mexican: Casa Del Rey west 2nd St; Las Mararitas south Douglas Hwy

Chinese: China King Buffet in strip mall on Camel Drive, near HighSchool-- HUGE buffet selections! Hong Kong Restaurant (not buffet) west 2nd St

BBQ: Pokey's BarBQue & Smokehouse, 406 S Douglas. good but not great like Bubba's in Cody or Jackson

Pizza: Specialty Pizzas, 2619 S Douglas, just south of WalMart

Karol's choises: as noted in her previous post: Prime Rib (1205 Douglas HWY) and Chophouse 113 S Gillette (downtown), both a bit up-scale, but very good.

Jim Hansen, your GS-ride Trail Scout

Back