• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Held Gloves

moelaz

:bliss

Just received my first pair of Held Gloves " Steve Touring ". What great gloves!! Don't know why I have waited so long?

I was bowled over by the great price $109.00 , service, and knowledge of Ron at Washington Cycle Works, Washington NJ.
Tele (908) 835-0043.

First time I talked to Ron...he talked me about how to measure my hand for sizing. He then said he wanted to order two sizes for me to try on. He called me 2 business days latter and asked for me to fax him tracings. He then mailed me two pairs of 1/2 size difference. Charged me for one pair and asked me to send the other pair back.

I received the gloves here in MA the next day! WOW.....what great people!!! Thanks Ron!

Washington Cycle's website is www.washingtoncycleworks.com.

I have the Held Ceramic and find them to be the best gloves I have ever owned.

I have the Held Galaxy racing gloves. I purchased them for about 200 bucks last year in a moment of weakness and sales at Revard BMW. They are some really nice gloves to wear. They have worn well and are comfortable enough to be my usual touring gloves. All of the safety features on them are quite confidence inspiring as well.

I too have a pair of Held Gloves.
They fit really good and are comfortable on a long ride.
Warm in the winter on my RT .
Must I say any more ?

They Are GREAT GLOVES !!
1/2 sizes ....Sweeeeeeet !!

If you look at the sales brochure it shows what pains taking work that goes into a Held Glove.lots of different steps are needed.

How to the Held gloves compare to the Lee Parks deer skin stuff. I'm at the point of glove shopping VERY soon. My little adventure last Sat. was not kind to gloves that were already on their last legs... or fingers or whatever..

RW

I have a pair of the lee parks gloves. I love the way they fit, but they have a buckle that hits a nerve in the base of my thumb, and I will make you a deal on them if you want them. It isn't the gloves, it is the combination of them and my hand position on the RS. They are really awesome, but for that one thing.

Water resistant Gloves

I went for a ride a couple of months back and wore the wrong weight gloves. So when I stopped at the next BMW dealership - I bought a warmer pair by price. I ended up getting a pair of Held Storm gloves (about $60) and was surprised by the fact that they were "waterproof". I know that nothing is, but I have ridden with them for solid days of rain (think Blitz to Branson) and have not had a problem.

Very surprising and fortunate for a price purchase.

Re: Water resistant Gloves

BradfordBenn said:
I went for a ride a couple of months back and wore the wrong weight gloves. So when I stopped at the next BMW dealership - I bought a warmer pair by price. I ended up getting a pair of Held Storm gloves (about $60) and was surprised by the fact that they were "waterproof". I know that nothing is, but I have ridden with them for solid days of rain (think Blitz to Branson) and have not had a problem.

Very surprising and fortunate for a price purchase.

My Held winter gloves Goretex guaranteed waterproof leak but it is always the left one. BMW of SB traded them out and my hands still got wet on that trip. I think it has to do with how your gloves tuck in the jacket. Next time I will pull my sleeves down over the guantlet. Or I will just get a set like Brads. They will still leak I seem to be a rain magnet letely.

YB in IN said:
I have the Held Galaxy racing gloves. I purchased them for about 200 bucks last year in a moment of weakness and sales at Revard BMW. They are some really nice gloves to wear. They have worn well and are comfortable enough to be my usual touring gloves. All of the safety features on them are quite confidence inspiring as well.

I also purchased a pair of the Held Galaxy gloves after they finally went on sale at Daytona BMW. They are great gloves, and I should have purchased them some time ago. I'm sure I'll be purchasing more Held products in the years to come should I wear these out. Likewise, the Galaxy is also comfortable enough to be my daily glove for commuting, touring, and everything in between.

Back