• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Patches Insignia etc

How about some BMWMOA Forum stickers? Sort of like ones that IBMWR has for their little slice of the virtual kingdom? KBasa?

Mr. Nye and I are having a discussion about that these days.

We're thinking name tags for rallies too, with a Forum graphic on it. You'd be able to spot the other nut cases in a NY minute and decide whether to introduce your self or run the other way.

:D

You've got my vote concerning Forum nametags for rally use. I think it is a great idea that will catch on real fast. I'll look for mine at Spokane!

Let's do it KBasa :D

"of course I am still going to Spokane, even if the gas is $3 a gallon! I'll just put it on the credit card and deal with it later!" :burnout

brian thompson said:
Where can I get a simple BMW logo patch for my coveralls?

There are literally hundreds of types, sizes and varieties on E-bay. I have an 8" Roundel on the back of my JR mesh jacket! Stands out rather garishly if you ask me, but everyone knows what I drive and it glows at night!

I've actually gotten several compliments for the teen crowd. They apparently don't know it's a special riding jacket, but like the look.

Jim:brow

We use name tags at our local gatherings. It helps us know who everyone is.

Rev.Willie said:
You've got my vote concerning Forum nametags for rally use. I think it is a great idea that will catch on real fast. I'll look for mine at Spokane!

Let's do it KBasa :D

"of course I am still going to Spokane, even if the gas is $3 a gallon! I'll just put it on the credit card and deal with it later!" :burnout

It's underway. The ever productive Mr. Nye is all over it. We'll have contact information for the folks that will produce them and you can either have it mailed or pick it up at the rally.

But ultimately, there'll be a template with a specific vendor and you can handle the rest.

I put an ad in the BMW ON when I wanted/needed a patch. Got a ton of calls with all sorts available. It'll take a few months from the time you post it. E-Pay is a good choice also, but be careful of the $10 shipping fees for a $5 patch.

Last edited:
Here and there I have seen BMW patches being sold by small vendors at the HD rally's that they hold here. I believe that they are mostly old as I understand that BMW has been enforcing their copyright to the logo for several years now.

Andy

Couple o' suggestions:
Barry'sBikeBadges
and your local embroidery shop. With the advent of Cad/Cam for sewing machines, all you need is a jpeg on a floppy and the local shop can embroider anything you want on anything you want. I'm working on some large Vincent HRG patches for a old Vanson I own.

Patch or sticker

I have collection of patchers from last 16 years riding BMW from many rallies and all stick to cork board in my garage.Almost nobody can see them
BMWMOA make Club stickers 38mm=1.5inch in diameter ,I have one on my bikes, but at MOA National rally we only receiving patch of astronomical size .They are useless for me.
I would like to ask to take for consideration for next year rally to also make small stickers ,so we can stick to screen and use as a pass to entry to rally and also
To show others where I have been.
:brow

Yep. I've long wished for headlight stickers for the bikes. My wristband is always buried under a bunch of riding gear. Passengers could show their wristband, but headlight stickers would make life eminently easier.

I was thinking that it would be fun to get one of the dealer mechanic outfits that I saw being worn at BMW of Daytona two years ago. It was a kind of gray apron sort of thing with a logo if I recall correctly.

Kind of like my wearing a chef's cap & apron while grilling in the backyard.

Someday I may grow up, but time is running out!

A Miles said:
I was thinking that it would be fun to get one of the dealer mechanic outfits that I saw being worn at BMW of Daytona two years ago. It was a kind of gray apron sort of thing with a logo if I recall correctly.

Kind of like my wearing a chef's cap & apron while grilling in the backyard.

Someday I may grow up, but time is running out!

Me, I've always wanted a pair of the overalls they wear at the factory.

Back