• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Ramblings of a Rain Soaked Lunatic

R

rocketman

The Ramblings of a Rain Soaked Lunatic

It rained today, so I rode.
I opened my visor to feel the wind
And let in the rain
So it would hide my tears.

still-raining.jpg

Sometimes its good to cry,
To simply follow the wind
And ride a rain soaked road
Past grey-lit fields of red and brown and gold.

rain-rdie-1.jpg

The rain felt good against my face
And washed away the tears;
It just seemed like the right thing
And the right moment, so I just let go.

rain-rdie-2.jpg

Sometimes you need to do that,
To just let go, I mean, and ride the rain and let the tears come.
I cried for all those souls, Who,
For whatever reason, had never learned to cry for themselves.
__________And were thus forever locked inside their sorrow.

rain-rdie-3.jpg

I stopped to count the rain drops on my shield
And found within each was reflected a face of a child
Who had never been taught to understand,
That sometimes crying really is the only way to handle grief,
_________Or sorrow,
________________Or pain.

rain-rdie-4.jpg

I cried, not because I didn’t know the answers,
But because I realized
I didn’t even know the questions.
Perhaps that’s why the heavens were crying? They were crying for me.

green-brown-gold.jpg

So I stopped looking for answers
And started searching for the questions;
Because without first knowing the questions,
The answers will forever remain hidden.

rain-rdie-5.jpg

I rambled on and rode the rain
And felt the wind cooled wetness.
I let go and allowed the road to lead me
And somehow;
__________That was enough.

rain-rdie-6.jpg

?® 2008 Jeffry L’H. Tank

Last edited:
That is good stuff right there!!!!!!!:clap
Can you tell me in what area of the country or state those pics were taken?

That is good stuff right there!!!!!!!:clap
Can you tell me in what area of the country or state those pics were taken?

Tanks!

The first ones (except the very first) are from my daily commute along a nice little road thru clifton VA (just south of the DC area)

the reeds are from the lake just outside my office near Dullas Airport

and the river views are along the Potomac River in a community just down from the wildlife preserve off the Potomac river where I live in Woodbridge.

Forget where the first one was taken, probably the lake at work during the heavier part of the days rain before heading home one day. Not all were taken on the same day, but it was raining when all were taken.. :laugh

RM

Very poetic & oh soooooo true. My motorcycling is less expensive than a shrink's couch & much more entertaining. A friend and I rode nearly 600 miles round trip to Diamond Lake & Crater Lake, OR. The 300 mile ride home was entirely in the rain. We couldn't see Crater Lake for the heavy fog that covered it. It was 34 degrees & raining at the crest of that crater. Soaked to the core we laughed until our ribs hurt when we stopped to pour the water out of our boots & wring out our socks.

Living in the Pacific Northwest you either learn to enjoy rides in the rain or your riding season is extremely short. We don't have to deal with heat, humidity, hurricanes, pollution, or bugs. We have no roads that are straight & flat and more mountains, waterfalls, rivers & streams than you could count. I guess the PNW is a keeper. Thanks for the profound post.

Exquisite! I grew up near Clifton and although it was a quaint place in the 1970's, time changed that area completely to something less palatable to me. Your post put a beautiful face on the area again--seems like it could be a thousand places across this land.

Thanks. :thumb

Back