• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photo Tour of Dual Sport Events & MC Rallies

Kettle Moraine Sport Riders "Field and Forest Ride 2008"

398523885_xdAER-XL.jpg

KMSR Field, Forest and Bridge Ride

398536676_sn9Dy-XL.jpg

My personal weight combined with my R100gs bike's weight totaled more than twice the weight of some 250cc D.S. bike's with a small rider. These factors in mind I picked my line across bridges very carefully.:gerg

Riding for Charities

398528568_2aCQb-XL.jpg

Above: a great bridge for some riders to catch a little air

A portion of KMSR profits are donated to charity. I always have a great feeling being able to dual sport ride and also donate some serious money to very good causes.

Over the past few years, KMSR have been able to donate to these fine charities:The Alzheimer's Association, The American Heart Association, The American Cancer Society, Aids Research, The MS Walk, Muscular Dystrophy Association, The American Lung Association & CMH Wheeling for Healing.​

Thanks Kettle Moraine Sport Riders, See you in 2009

398489370_uZRsT-XL.jpg

I was the only BMW on the ride, and KTM was the bike to have. Thanks Kettle Moraine Sport Riders, See you in 2009:bikes

361779795_W2Apo-XL.jpg

Not a Very Boring Rally

We arrived Wednesday night after a few weeks of camping in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Inflation has caught up to the price of campgrounds. The average night of camping was 20 dollars.

A final drive failure in the wilderness of Canada (had another final drive failure in the wilderness of Canada a few years and 35,000 miles ago) would make this a trip, a journey not to forget. Let me tell ya, BMW sure has put the Adventure back in Adventure riding. Makes me love my airheads so much more. LOL

I pre-registered for the VBR and the price of the Rally now seemed like a bargain, especially since I would be able to see Junior Brown, one of my favorite all time entertainers. To me Junior would be worth the price of admission alone. Click here for a Junior Brown Video
Junior Brown Clips,
My wife thinks your dead,
Highway Patrol,

Also included in the Rally fee was a grab bag which included a Rally patch, pin, t-shirt, and also had a professionally produced Rally Guide. In the rally grab bag was a Mister Happy puppet, which Barb's grand kids really took a liking to.

The VBRally had, (I am guessing here) about 10 Grand worth of door prizes.

The Rally had a internet cafe with Aerostich ordering page as it's home page, complete with a discount code for ordering. They also had a full line of clothes for fitment. I tried on Darien/AD-1 pants and they were a perfect fit, these pants are on my wish list.

Da Nort Woods and Duluth area are some of my favorite motorcycle destinations, with Aerostich and the Lake Superior Brewery being my two favorite Duluth destinations. The Rally Guide had many ride routes to make an enjoyable riding experience for all. The Rally fee also included a Saturday meal and a Sunday morning farewell breakfast.

On Thursday morning/afternoon Barb, Buddy and I volunteered and worked the gate. Working the gate is always a pleasant experience and you get to see how everyone packs their motorcycles.

On Thursday morning we got the tragic news of a family emergency and we left the Rally on Friday morning. I did manage to get a few photos on Thursday and a few more photos on Friday Morning before we left the Rally.

When I arrived at home, I had a message from Aerostich letting me know I won a choice of AD-1 or Darien pants. It was a tough choice and I ended taking the custom fitted AD-1 pants. These pants are great and I will remember my brother and sister in-law every time I grab the pants from the closet.

361932816_Kyy7U-XL.jpg

Hi Charlie :wave
361933437_jCCkg-XL.jpg

Back