• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

10,641 miles in 3.5 minutes...

M

M38A1

I can now say "I've been everywhere, man". In Texas that is....

I was fortunate enough to participate in a group effort with Two Wheeled Texans to do a photo shoot across the great state of Texas. Having submitted a large portion of the pictures, I figured I might as well just finish the project solo and visit them all.

So, all 92 cities, towns, communities and dried up places were visited and a photo taken to record the moment. The photos were then set to Brian Burns version of the great song done originally by Hank Snow then made famous by Johnny Cash.

The project covered 10,641 miles and included 24 distinct riding days. My longest single day for the project was 1,073 miles. Along the way I discovered some interesting facts such as Round Lake was formally known as Clabberville and ceased to exist the turn of the century. And places like Val Verde and Mill Creek are communities, not fully recognized towns with city limit signs.

Youtube seems to really cutdown on the quality and the refresh rate is tough for .5 second frames. As popeye says, "it is what it is".

Hope you enjoy the ride......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scjb_f95diA

Hang on.....

Last edited:
Well done indeed. :clap Thank you.

I had to go to U-Tube to hear Jonny sing it too.:blush

Five BIG stars!

What fun! Really well done. Thanx for the delightful film. Gotta watch that one again.

They've only got a one thumbs-up gesture in the icons list, but I give it two!

Last edited:
I tip my ten gallon (tank) to ya' pardner. Very cool project!

outstanding video ride report!

one of my favorite riding songs, now texas style....

Great job..

+1 +1 ....makes me want to go back to Luchenbach....I love that place!! Texas has a little bit of everything for everybody....a great state!!

+1 +1 ....makes me want to go back to Luchenbach....I love that place!! Texas has a little bit of everything for everybody....a great state!!

Well, here's a couple 'teaser' pics from yesterday I took at Luckenbach....

08Luck_JuneSolo023.jpg

08Luck_JuneSolo016.jpg

08Luck_JuneSolo020.jpg

...and thanks for the kind comments so far. The project was a lot of fun.

M38A1 (is that in Jeep? I have a CJ2A)

That was fun, thanks. It must have been quite an adventure!
:clap

Back