Spot features four key functions that enable users to send messages to friends, family or emergency responders based on varying levels of need:
- Alert 911 - Dispatch emergency responders to your exact location SPOT sends one message every 5 minutes for one hour or until Help is canceled
- Ask For Help - Request help from friends and family in your exact location SPOT sends one message every 5 minutes for one hour or until Help is canceled
- Check-In - Let contacts know where you are and that you're OK - SPOT sends three identical messages to the SPOT service for redundancy
- Track Progress - Send and save your location and allow contacts to track your progress using Google MapsÔäó
- SPOT sends one message every 10 minutes for 24 hours or until SPOT is powered off
Website - Click Here
StatDawg and I each bought one of these units at Americade. We will be testing it out in the next few weeks. StatDawg and RedRider are head for the left coast and then on to Gillette. I will be testing mine in the Adirondacks, Catskills, Green and Berkshire Mountains.
Keep coming back for some progress reports. It might be just the device many of use have been looking for where there is no cell coverage and we want to keep families informed of our progress.