• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

"No room at the INN"

Motel 6 debacle aftermath

:

AWAYS PAY FOR THE ROOM AHEAD. And you won't have these troubles.
Hope you all had fun.
I thought the Rally was for camping and not to go and bring your house with ya. Might as well bring a motor home:sick

GREAT ADVICE, THEY CAN'T MAKE THE PAYMENT DISAPPEAR.

For the record, I bought a tent, and had a ball camping. I also saved a significant amount of money. Thank you Motel 6.

I also camped in Johnson City, TN the following year.

I missed the 2nd Redmond rally in 2010 but brought my camping gear to Bloomburg PA in 2011.

I don't miss hotels at all now, except during Monsoons and desert Heat Waves. The motels are now reserved for backup in case of inclement weather.

GREAT ADVICE, THEY CAN'T MAKE THE PAYMENT DISAPPEAR.

For the record, I bought a tent, and had a ball camping. I also saved a significant amount of money. Thank you Motel 6.

I also camped in Johnson City, TN the following year.

I missed the 2nd Redmond rally in 2010 but brought my camping gear to Bloomburg PA in 2011.

I don't miss hotels at all now, except during Monsoons and desert Heat Waves. The motels are now reserved for backup in case of inclement weather.

Let me get this strait. You plan on camping but reserve a hotel/motel room as a backup? No wonder the rest of us scramble to find a room when someone is hoarding it for a backup only.

You are very inconsiderate to your fellow members when you do this. If you are saving all that money and "just love to camp" why hoard the rooms that you do not need?

Jack

Let me get this strait. You plan on camping but reserve a hotel/motel room as a backup? No wonder the rest of us scramble to find a room when someone is hoarding it for a backup only.

You are very inconsiderate to your fellow members when you do this. If you are saving all that money and "just love to camp" why hoard the rooms that you do not need?

Jack

Jack,

There are several reasons for reserving the hotel. The monsoon or desert weather would be a reason for me to sleep in the motel. I am married, and my wife will not camp anymore. If the stars align just right, my wife comes along. If I have a hotel, everyone is happy.

If the wife is not coming, and if the weather looks good I release the hotel room. You may think it is selfish. I consider it good planing. Hoarding would be renting several rooms, when only one can be used.

As far as I can see, hotels are still available in or near Sedalia. My reservation should not interfere with you or anyone else.

I probably will use the hotel this year as my spouse said her work schedule is looking good. That of course means one extra tent space for the campers.

And if you and I happen to meet in Sedalia, we should discuss the matter under the beer tent. I have found the beer tent helps me clarify my thoughts.

Hope to see you there!

At Lima we tried to camp. After the overnight heat and humidity the first night I was ready to cancel my four seminars and go elsewhere. We tried a hotel that said check back at 2:00 - we will probably have cancellations. We did, they did, and we moved in and stayed the next 2 nights.

After the first night at Bloomsburg, I picked a hotel and tried to book a room in Sedalia. The computer said "date not available". So I marched over to the Sedalia Tourist Bureau booth and inquired why the hotels had reservations blocked. The lady smiled and said, "You can only book a year and advance. You need to wait until tomorrow. So I booked the Sedalia room the next day - 365 days in advance - from my tent in Bloomsburg.

No room at the Inn A G A I N !, this time American Inn Sedalia

At Lima we tried to camp. After the overnight heat and humidity the first night I was ready to cancel my four seminars and go elsewhere. We tried a hotel that said check back at 2:00 - we will probably have cancellations. We did, they did, and we moved in and stayed the next 2 nights.

After the first night at Bloomsburg, I picked a hotel and tried to book a room in Sedalia. The computer said "date not available". So I marched over to the Sedalia Tourist Bureau booth and inquired why the hotels had reservations blocked. The lady smiled and said, "You can only book a year and advance. You need to wait until tomorrow. So I booked the Sedalia room the next day - 365 days in advance - from my tent in Bloomsburg.

Paul,

And anyone else reading this. Double check your reservations. I have had reservations from Priceline for quite a while. I saw on another thread that some online reservations were not being honored.

I called the American Inn Sedalia to verify my reservations made on priceline. They said they had no record of a reservation. I am back to the tent unless Priceline finds me another motel.

They said the American Inn Sedalia would have to pay any difference in price between the Priceline price and whatever I am charged. I just hope I get a room.

UPDATE EMAIL FROM PRICELINE:

Thank you for choosing Priceline.com.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the American Inn for not honoring your confirmed reservation 2XXXXXXXX.

On the rare occasion that a hotel becomes overbooked, we require the hotel to take all necessary steps to ensure that your reservation is transferred to a suitable alternative hotel or we will do so ourselves so as to not inconvenience you more.

We will get back to you as soon as possible to keep you informed. Thank you for your patience.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you again for choosing Priceline.com. We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope to be your online hotel reservation choice in the future.

Kind regards,

---
Matthew Huizinga
Customer Service Team

Last edited:
Back