• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Diamond Lake - Oregon

B

BobMielke

My friend Warren & I headed out Monday to take in Crater Lake National Park, Diamond Lake & Toketee Falls. It was a 254 mile ride to our first destination, Diamond Lake. As we rode we couldn't help notice the blue skies dotted with beautiful puffy clouds. As we got within 100 miles of the area the clouds changed to a sheet of grey overcast blah. We arrived at Toketee Falls & were stopped at the entrance of the access road by barricades threatening a $5000 fine & 6 months of jail if we proceeded. It seems a January snowstorm knocked down trees that threatened the general public. Sooooo, scratch Toketee Falls off our list of things to do.

Next came our second stop, Diamond Lake Lodge. We booked a room with two beds for $89., unloaded our stuff & headed back to the Lodge for a great dinner. The skies were getting darker as we wandered out to the boat dock and took in Diamond Lake. The scene was picture perfect although a little sunshine would have made it even better. Being tired from our ride we decided to wait until the next morning to take in Crater Lake National Park.

We rose rested and hungry as a bear. The Lodge provided the good coffee & food to recharge our personal engines before packing our stuff & checking out. Did I mention that it rained hard all night. In fact, it was raining when we left Diamond Lake. It was raining the 100 miles to Crater Lake too. The Lake was so socked in by fog that we couldn't even see a lake at all. It also was 34 degrees & raining at the top of the crater. Scratch Crater Lake off our list of things to see.

The return home was long, cold and really wet. I had a good belly laugh as I saw Warren wringing out his socks, insoles & boots at a rest stop. I gave him a dry set of socks to replace the two pair of soaked ones he'd removed. We were both soaked, cold & flat whipped by the time we reached our homes.

Overall we had a blast. We knew the chance of rain was high. We laughed & ate & rode our butts off. The trip was a success. Maybe next time it will be sunny with blue skies & puffy clouds.

307161354_YueCU-L.jpg

307161581_qGyb2-L.jpg

307161873_Yv4W8-L.jpg

307163828_gdMYH-L.jpg

A bad day riding beats a good day at work. :D

Your positive attitude made all the difference between disaster and adventure.

Looking forward to more ride reports (with some sun shine)

Back