• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking for route suggestions...St Aug,FL to Myrtle Beach,SC...

cmannie

Hello,
I am leaving St augustine,FL for Myrtle Beach,SC on Wednesday...ANY route suggestions?
I am riding an 08 R12GS ADV,and would like to avoid the slab,if possible..
THEN...I am leaving Myrtle for Blue Ridge,GA...
( I KNOW there are some nice roads on THAT trip!)
ANY input on these routes will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!

Depends on exactly what you want. You can travel up US 17 along the coast. It is very scenic, is good to excellent road and will allow flexibility on riding time. You can go farther west, up US 301 or US 1 and cut back to the east either from Augusta (up US 1), or across something like SC hwy 3 to the coast. Those are the through routes, if you're looking to spend more than a day on each segment, you can do side trips to the sea islands, explore Savannah and Charleston.

Hello,
I am leaving St augustine,FL for Myrtle Beach,SC on Wednesday...ANY route suggestions?
I am riding an 08 R12GS ADV,and would like to avoid the slab,if possible..
THEN...I am leaving Myrtle for Blue Ridge,GA...
( I KNOW there are some nice roads on THAT trip!)
ANY input on these routes will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!

agree on 17. st aug to myrtle bch is an easy one day trip no matter what route you take. i'd slab it to Yulee then pick up 17. at richmond hills, ga slab again around savannah. total trip under 400mi. once around savannah you have quite a few choices. it will be hot so may want to avoid stop and go.

+1 on route 17. Took that rout myself a couple of years ago.

Also 1+ on route 17....do have to go through a bit of slab outside Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC unless you want to backroad more..but since you want to do it in a day you do have to do the slab as bit around Savannah. Lots of stops going through Charleston but very doable. Done this route countless times going to Florida to and fro. Might be getting a bit hot this time of year; open your jackets vents; wear cool-max vests..drink plenty of liquid and most of all have fun:clap

Here's a couple of sites that should be able to help you out. Both are great.

MotorcycleRoads.US

MotorcycleRoads.com

OK...Looks like 17 it is..VIA some slab up to,and thru Savannah...
Just got packed up here in St Augustine,and will be leaving at the crack of dawn...
THANKS VERY MUCH to all who posted!!
I'll update this post when I finish...Also...I am looking for a route out of Myrtle to Blue Ridge,GA...

Back