• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

rainsuits

bfoot16

My trusty old rainsuit of many years has finally died. Does anyone know of a place or company to get a good one for somebody tall. I am 6'5", 36" inseam. I'm having a hard time finding anything that comes anywhere close to fitting.

Frogg Toggs make a size big enough for Sasquatch. I'm 6'4" with 34" and the size that fits over my gear isn't the largest they make.

i'm 6'5" i've had the First Gear Rainman jacket and pants for 4 years and they've always worked great. I teach MSF and wear them many times a month in heavy rains all day long and they work very well.

also, gonna move this to gear where it should see more response.

Frogg Toggs make a size big enough for Sasquatch. I'm 6'4" with 34" and the size that fits over my gear isn't the largest they make.

Great rain gear for year round riding. And that's from someone riding in Seattle where it does in fact - Rain. They stow nicely and make a great windbreaker...
Just keep em away from yer pipes... They melt like cotton candy in the rain!
I've attached ironing board cover material to the insides of the legs.

Frogg Togs' "Road Toad" is made for motorcycling and has reflective piping.

I just ordered a set this morning.

Also, they sell the heat resistant patches if your pipes are exposed to your legs.

(My 'stich is getting too small, so I had to do something. This is the best, at the best price, that I could find.)

You might consider something even more visible:
http://www.bluecollarworkwear.com/catalog/Safety-Rain-Gear/

safety-rainjacket.jpg

Even Frog-Togs' "frog-eyes" is really only effective if reflecting headlights. This won't help you when someone is merging into your lane.

You might consider something even more visible:
http://www.bluecollarworkwear.com/catalog/Safety-Rain-Gear/

safety-rainjacket.jpg

Even Frog-Togs' "frog-eyes" is really only effective if reflecting headlights. This won't help you when someone is merging into your lane.

Yeah, but.... With that snap closure, no zipper, it isn't made for riding and the wind will whip the water inside the front of that jacket and soak you at highway speeds.

There was only one version of Frogg Toggs that was yellow, and it also was not for motorcycle riding, or I would have bought that.

Quality raingear for motorcycle riding that is lime yellow doesn't seem to exist....

Don't get me wrong. If Frog-Toggs made a high-vis version of the Road-Toad suit, I would have it already. I even wrote them an email suggesting they offer something other than the (albeit very "cool") black rain suit.

On the snaps. My PVC jacket has a double snap "system" which usually keeps the rain out well.

I have another suit from LaCrosse which is really nice, but more expensive, and doesn't pack up as small. This one has snaps and a sipper, is "breathable" (unlike the PVC version above), and has elastic and velcro at the wrists. The collar is also very high, so it goes right up to my helmet. This one also works as a windbreaker to use with my summer jacket when the weather turns cold mid ride.

I use HELD gloves which go over the cuff on the highway, or under the cuff when I'm moving slowly in a heavy downpour.

Frog-Toggs, if you're listening, we could use a high-vis version of the Road-Toad!

I have been real happy with my First Gear Rain Man Jacket and pants.

They work great. I am only 5'11" but there is plenty bunched up around my ankles. My Dad is 6'1" and he has the same gear. Covers him too.

Keeps me very dry.

Brian

Back