• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Earphones

The Blue Max
Enjoy listening to tunes on the MP3 while riding my RT in the wide open spaces. Would like to know what others use that are comfortable and sound good without being played too loud. (yes I know this may be illegal etc in some areas). I wear a full face and most of the time wear ear plugs but tunes every now and again are a nice change.

Enjoy listening to tunes on the MP3 while riding my RT in the wide open spaces. Would like to know what others use that are comfortable and sound good without being played too loud. (yes I know this may be illegal etc in some areas). I wear a full face and most of the time wear ear plugs but tunes every now and again are a nice change.

Nano and Shure E2B (check out Etymotic line of in ear earphones too). Not that I would ever ride with these in my ears -grin, but they minimize road noise and music sounds very good at low levels so you can remain aware of your surroundings. Good for sitting on airplanes too. Recommend a middle priced model and the ridged ear pieces for good sound and stability in ear. Clean them daily if used daily.

Shure e3G

I use Shure e3G. They were about $90. They have excellent sound and noise isolation from wind etc.. As the previous poster mentioned, Etymotics have received great reviews from folks on this forum as well. One tip. I had a hard time keeping them seated in my ears correctly while putting on my full face helmet. I started using a ploypropelyne helmet liner that covers the ears as well (inset earphones, put on thin polypropelyne liner, then helmet). Now the helmet slides right over my ears (that are covered by the liner) without unseating the earphones.

Kurt

Etymotic ER6i.

+1

I've had a pair for a year now and they are the ticket for me. Great sound isolation from wind buffeting and they deliver very good sound. My only concern with them is the very thin (fragile?) wire from jack to each plug.

I use a pair of Shure E3s with the Etymotic ER6i soft foam inserts. Wind noise is effectively blocked, ears are comfortable and the music quality is good. My Etymotic ER6i which I misplaced, were not a comfortable fit for my ears and helmet.

Earplugs

Big Ear makes a great product; moulded (many BMW dealers have someone trained to do the moulds)l and the product is excellent in sound quality and comfort. Check them out.

I use the S-plugs $130. got them from cycle gadgets they sound great and are very comfortable!

What do you think of the quaility, cables, speakers, plugend, etc... Will they hold up to everyday commuting under a full face? Can you compare the sound quality to say a good pair of standard MP3 earphones or is is better?
I've been looking at these for awhile now and once I get a new MP3 player I will be buying earphones?

Back