• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post photos of your vintage (pre-1970) BMW motorcycle

Jeff ,
Your bikes are a thing of beauty.
I was looking at your web site and studying the way you mounted your Craven bags .
Your page inspired me to get a little creative and use some Yankee Engineering .
I have a set of Golden Arrows that used to be on my 74 /6
I just bought a 87 K RS , it didn't come with bags .....?????
Check this out !

I hope this picture does not offend anyone here in the Vintage section.
Take Care ,Tom

Attachments

• DSC00250.jpg
    DSC00250.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,161
Here's my pre '70 airhead, sans tub.

Attachments

• 1940 R12 Tan.jpg
    1940 R12 Tan.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 1,001
That's most certainly pre '70...pre /2 also...pre a lot of stuff! You'll probably have to help most of us out as to exactly what model that is. Is it an R12?

Where did you get the saddlebags??

That's most certainly pre '70...pre /2 also...pre a lot of stuff! You'll probably have to help most of us out as to exactly what model that is. Is it an R12?

Where did you get the saddlebags??

Hi, you're right, it's an R12. It was built in 1940. The bags were on it when I bought it; I think they are available from Dreher in Germany.

Cheers!

1953 R51/3 Bobber

A bike I purchsed that was somewhat unusual.

Attachments

• Dale R51 3.jpg
    Dale R51 3.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 954
Fritz my R60/2 purchased from original owners widow full documentation

Attachments

• pete personal pictures 665.jpg
    pete personal pictures 665.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 883
Lots of exciting, great looking motorcycles here.

I posted mine in the airhead section, not realising that was for 1970 and later.

Here it is again. 1965 model.

Just after I finished restoring it back in 1996.
The cute kid just turned 19!

k-on-beemer.jpg

Latest incarnation, photo taken in May of 2008, just after finishing its annual wash job for that year.
I've been putting about 2000 miles a year on this bike for the last 10 years or so, including at least one multi-day trip every year. The last couple of years have included some unimproved forest service roads. These things aren't all that bad off the pavement.

Attachments

• resized00018.jpg
    resized00018.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 871
And since others have posted pics of non-BMW airheads, here's one of my first two-wheeled love.
1959 Royal Enfield Indian.
Picture taken about 5 years ago. I've had the bike since 1972.

Tomahawk.jpg

The mailing tube contains a bottle of Guiness that was carried around the Isle of Man in a vintage race, then transported around Europe and the US by British motorcycle enthusiasts. I carried it to a vintage bike show in Oregon. The tube is covered with autographs of various luminaries of the British motorcycle industry.

Latest acquisition, a 1955 R67/3 restored by Todd Rasmussen. Only 700 were built. A great ride!

r67-792.jpg

The rear view mirrors are Vech's new clamp-on Albert mirrors for low handlebars. Especially nice for /3 and R68 BMWs.

Last edited:
Gone but not Forgotten

My '64 R50/2 I restored 3 years ago. Sadly, I sold her about 18 months ago. I opted to keep my restored '76 R90/6 as my collector ride to use when not riding my '02 1150 GS Adventure.

Now I find my retired back is more comfortable with the upright position as with the GSA and my old /2 with the tractor saddle.

So I think I need to start looking for another /2 now.........:whistle

Attachments

• R50 side.jpg
    R50 side.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 626
Mish mash!

I posted this on the Airheads site and only 13 people viewed the thread and six were by me.
This was my Friend Jim Reinert's Vintage motorcycle show in Owosso, MI on the weekend of 14 & 15 August. 125 vintage bikes showed up and about 300 riders and spectators. He plans on a repeat next year. I will post these here in hopes that more will see these great and not so great bikes.
For best viewing, click on "Slideshow" in upper right hand corner.

http://fritzc.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Reinerts-Vintage-Show-2010/13354068_jTLGj#970868372_tfARw

:bikes

I posted this on the Airheads site and only 13 people viewed the thread and six were by me.
This was my Friend Jim Reinert's Vintage motorcycle show in Owosso, MI on the weekend of 14 & 15 August. 125 vintage bikes showed up and about 300 riders and spectators. He plans on a repeat next year. I will post these here in hopes that more will see these great and not so great bikes.
For best viewing, click on "Slideshow" in upper right hand corner.

http://fritzc.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Reinerts-Vintage-Show-2010/13354068_jTLGj#970868372_tfARw

:bikes

Neat photos! What is this?:

970876712_Ruyn7-L.jpg

Back