• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post photos of your vintage (pre-1970) BMW motorcycle

1968 R60/2 Sicecar Rig

This is a project I started back in the late 70's when I purchased the bike from a friend after his wife put it into a culvert. Repaired the front end with all new used parts I purchased while traveling in Europe. Rode it for 6-7 yrs before deciding to make use of the sidecar tabs and add a hack. Found a used car in SL, added the big tank, tank cover, s/c rearend, rebuilt the wheels with sidecar spokes, sidecar springs on rear, seats, luggage rack, and mirrors. Because car and platform needed repainting when purchased, decided to repaint the bike as well. Not perfect, but runs great and is a ton of fun. Always draws a crowd.

Ride the rig on a regular basis, including to the West Bend Rally last yr. See you on the road. :bikes

Attachments

• IMG_4510.jpg
    IMG_4510.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,293
R50-s

Hi:

New to this forum but old news to some. Here is a photo of my R50-S on its second maiden voyage after restoration. I went to a Vincent Owners meeting. Only 1 Vincent showed. (Moto Guzzi, Ducati, KTM and a Kawasaki Concours)

Tom

Attachments

• Small 3.JPG
    Small 3.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 1,261
Jeff (Dean)
I see plenty of pics and content on Wikipedia that is credited to you. Would you care to share your experience/involvement/input to this publication with us?
I'm very impressed with the accuracy and thoroughness of the articles.
:thumb

Jeff (Dean)
I see plenty of pics and content on Wikipedia that is credited to you. Would you care to share your experience/involvement/input to this publication with us?
I'm very impressed with the accuracy and thoroughness of the articles.
:thumb

Hi Mark,

All I did was start reading and editing articles and learning how to post text and photographs. Once you the hang of it, it's pretty simple. But you have to leave your ego behind and develop thick skin, because someone somewhere will find fault with whatever you have done.

Click on "Edit this page" on any article and you can see how the formatting works. Do some simple things first and you will gain confidence.

Just go to the site and try it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=BMW&fulltext=Search

My 1968 VMW ( V is for volkswagen ) Has a 1200cc engine punched out to 1383cc. Carbureted with dual 1 1/4 SUs. It's a pain in the *#$ but a blast to ride.. :D

Attachments

• VMW1.jpg
    VMW1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,279
My '59 R26. She's coming out of retirement . We'll get her down to the spa for some treatments and a facial, and she'll be as good as new.

309941828_bbrJi-M.jpg

And with her younger cousins.

348299296_ZAbFs-M.jpg

Last edited:
I posted this in the Airhead forum before I noticed it belongs here in vintage.

My new Craigslist find - 1952 R51/3. Larry owned the bike since 1963. It's been parked since 1968.

368754972_DjEEd-M.jpg

368755125_vgih5-M.jpg

368754974_M3Rrk-M.jpg

368759347_GXQiw-M.jpg

368760070_dXKxk-M.jpg

368759269_vuFE9-M.jpg

Looks surprisingly good, there! Sweet bike, half drum brakes and the works.

Any expectations of when you might hear the "pocketa pocketa pocketa"....?

1968 R60/2

I did the first restoration almost 15 years ago..just did another go round. Midnight blue with dove grey pinstripes and seat covering.

Attachments

• slash-2-for-web.jpg
    slash-2-for-web.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,151
1967 R69S, current iteration with heinrich:

1967bmwr69s_heinrich_700web.jpg

4 years ago with hoske:

67r69s_d-72.jpg

8 years in the making with just a wee bit more to go.

:)

I've got a pretty good library on BMW motorcycle books. The authors of the different books will have a bias to one style of BMW and will go to get detail to show case that style pretty well. The models they don't think so much of get short thrift. One thing I can't stand is looking through a book or list of BMW models and see most all the models listed in pretty much stock condition, then one model is shown with a bunch of aftermarket pieces. I pretty much know the different models, but for someone new to the mark it can be confusing.

This was on display in the BMW shop in Paris last April....

285314316_BgctC-M.jpg

Back