• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post photos of your vintage (pre-1970) BMW motorcycle

My newest addition, curvy and has big butt

64' R60/2

7946677442_afc60ed2fe_c.jpg

1968 R75/2 Police Cruiser Conversion w/ Ural Sidecar...

Here is My 1968 R75/2 Police Cruiser Conversion w/ Ural Sidecar...

Original 1968 R60/2 was refitted with 1974 R75/6 engine and transmission - rebuilt with only 1700 on it. Th Ural sidecar was added. Custom Buchanan spoked front wheel with BMW rear hub. Front drum was replaced with Dual disk front Earl fork conversion - Fitted with 2001 Suzuki SV 650 calipers. Electronics were converted to BMW /5 with BMW Magura controls. Big 12V auto battery in the hack trunk. Vintage correct Wixom fairing and travel box. Also vintage correct Enduro saddle bags. This beautiful motorcycle looks, rides and feels great. It's a dream come true to own this.

BMW1.jpg

BMW7.jpg

Bmw4.jpg

BMW5.jpg

BMW6.jpg

Bike2.jpg

Bike7.jpg

Bike3.jpg

Bike4.jpg

Bike5.jpg

Bike6.jpg

This is what the original Bike would have looked like - (not mine)
Bike8.jpg

Hello all,
I thought I would try an attempt with my smartphone to post a picture of my 1968 r50/2 with matching numbers and 52k miles before I tear it down for slingers, etc.
So here goes.

Attachments

• 1341257178811.jpg
    1341257178811.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 453
1958 BMW Isetta

This is my 1958 Isetta that I restored from 1997 till 2000 Every nut and bolt came off this car. A new floor and fire wall went in also. The engine was seized but it all came together at the end. I still own this car but it has not been driven in a few years.

Attachments

• isetta2.jpg
    isetta2.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 299
  • isetta1.jpg
    isetta1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
As a kid I remember many a ride in the Isetta bubble cars. My dad was a mechanic in the US after first immigrating over from Holland. At home, after work, he'd work on all sorts of odd vehicles that the dealers didn't want to touch.

A new year requires a new image posted to this thread, no? Taken Jan 1, 2013..

p-130011445-0167.jpg

Beautiful /2 you have there. You ever ride up to Alice's along Skyline? Old haunt for me in my early Cafe days when I lived in Los Gatos off old Santa Cruz hwy. The ride there on weekends was always crazy with motorcyclists racing up to the restaurant. Back in those days I rode a Norton Dunstall 750 Commando which I miss the most out of all the bikes I own.
I hope to one day go back with my/2 for a ride before I get too decrepit.:D

Alice's is about 16 miles from my house. I'm often on the roads around there and it is a common destination for the Sunday Morning Breakfast Club following breakfast. That Jan 1 picture was taken at the bottom of Tunitas Creek road maybe 20 yards from highway 1.

The Latest addition - 1921 Victoria KR-1 powered by the M2 b 15 BMW engine

Victoria (email) 05.jpg

This is my latest project, a 1921 Victoria, powered by a BMW M2 B 15 engine, as later used in the BMW R32 of 1923. Yes, before BMW made a motorcycle, they sold engines to other manufacturers of motorcycles. Victoria started out as a bicycle manufacturer in 1882. Victoria's first bike was the KR-1.
Notable features include BELT drive, to the rear wheel, the rear brake is a V block of wood, that presses into the V belt pully on the rear wheel. The machine has a 2 speed gearbox. The weird looking knob on the top of the gas tank is the shift lever. The clutch is operated by your foot, on the bikes left side. The rear brake by your right foot. The second brake was a hand operated band brake, on the back of gearbox pulley. This means that (probably) the brakes are even worse than the ones on my R32! We will find out one day. The bike has no generator, only a magneto. Lighting was a acetylene powered headlamp. That's right, you opened the front lens door, and lit a match, and lit the headlight, literally!

When it comes to old BMW's and their ancestors, you can't get any older than this. One of these years, when it is running, I'll bring it to a national rally.

Before then, if you happen to be riding through Mississippi, come by and have a look!

Vech
MOA Ambassador # 9462
Bench Mark Works
Sturgis MS

WOW, your a lucky man. i personally would be honered to restore such a time piece. sparing no expence of course.

Here are the last pictures I took of my R69S a few days before the new owner took possession. In some ways I will miss it, in others, not. It was time to let it go to someone else.

p-14245-6399.jpg

p-14245-6400.jpg

p-14245-6402.jpg

Set a lowish price (15K) and told a half a dozen people plus a posting on the slash2 mailing list pointing to the web page with the info. No dickering allowed. Told all that the price is what it was and if I didn't get it the bike would go on ebay and they could take their chances there. A few didn't believe me. One local guy did. He came to my house to look at the bike. I started the bike so he could hear it run. Then he started the bike. He wire transferred the funds to my account and once cleared (wire transfers are quick) I delivered the bike.

Quick and easy. Not trying to get top dollar probably helped a lot. Many on the slash2 list thought I was crazy. Or they thought I was somehow devaluing their bike. Unless they are trying to sell it this week I see that as a non issue. My sale will be soon forgotten. It the auction proceedings that get 2x what the bike is worth that are remembered.

One last picture since this is a photo thread.

p-14245-1631.jpg

Back