• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Ride to Rally from Indiana

tonynace

I'm leaving from Indiana going to the rally on Saturday, July 3. I'm going up through Wisconsin where I'll stop the the night and Sunday at a buddy's place in northern part not far from Duluth. Monday, I plan on dropping by the Aerostitch store in Duluth and then going up through Winnipeg where I'll catch Highway 1 and go to Banff. If I have time, I might ride north to Jasper National Park but eventually I'm going to end up in Vancouver where there's a good motorcycle museum also where my sister lives. After staying there for the weekend, I plan to head down to Mt. St. Helens and other sites before the rally. I'm looking for riders to accompany me either part or all of the way.

Hey Tony,

Sounds like you've got quite a trip planned for July. I applaud the way you are allowing several days to make the journey to the State of Washington. I'm a hundred miles (or so) south of you in Indiana and plan on heading out a couple of days later than you mentioned leaving. My home is approx 20 miles south of Bloomington, out in the boondocks. It would be good to meet and ride all/part of the way with you but given the route you described and your day of departure it doesn't look all that favorable.

My plans are to "camp" my way out west, then continue to camp once I reach Spokane. If I run into major rain during the trek I'll most likely hole up under my Kelty Sun (water) Shade until the worst of theweather moves by. Riding in the rain isn't one of my preferences, although over time I've been soaked on the road with the best of them. I don't have any stops planned on the westward trip, other than some major landmarks such as Cody, Yellowstone, etc., but might swing by Moore, Oklahoma on the way home to visit my daughter. I'm a white-beard and tend to ride in an unhurried fashion but would love the company if things worked out a bit differently.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing you in Spokane!

Roger

Sounds like you have a good ride planned. You should especially enjoy the ride through Cody and Yellowstone. It is awesome. I did that way last time I was out west so I wanted to try the route across Canada this time especially the Canadian Rockies which are really awesome also. So have a good ride and I'll see you out there.

Looks like a lot of us have the same idea. I am leaving probably the first week in July, however my plans are still a little different. I need to make a meeting in Salt Lake City on the way out and want to visit family in San Fransisco. So far my route plans are as follows:

Head west
ride until tired
stop for night
repeat.
When reach ocean turn right

:bliss

I love it, Brad. :p

Not too much tension on this ride. We ride for the joy of riding and take in and absorb the countryside and the people as we rack up the miles.

I never thought about riding until I reached the ocean then make a right turn. Let's see now, the ocean is the one with the salty taste, right?

See you somewhere between Indiana and the sea shore.

Roger

Oh yeah, I forgot about that lake.

Sounds like you guys are planning a party in Southern Indiana. I'll keep monitoring that thread and see how my schedule lines out when the time gets closer. At the very least, if you promise not to throw rocks, I'll try to look you up when you get down here.

On the second thought, go ahead and throw rocks. I'm used to it.

I'd be up for it from Chicago

I was pondering going up through Duluth anyway, and then take Route 200. But since your plan is to head across Canada, i could take mu stateside rout on the way home.

I would like to tag along on your way out. Send me a note.

Since your coming this way

Just wanted to remind you since you all are coming this way that you could stop at the Black Hills BMW Stampede set for July 9-11. If you haven't checked us out...you can find us at www.blackhillsbmw.com Just thought we would put a bug in your ear for something to think about. Hope to see you there!

Re: I'd be up for it from Chicago

klobbrSBX said:
I was pondering going up through Duluth anyway, and then take Route 200. But since your plan is to head across Canada, i could take mu stateside rout on the way home.

I would like to tag along on your way out. Send me a note.

To klobbrSBX

I see that you are just a guest with no e-mail to contact you at. I have changed my plans slightly and will now go cross country in the US to Glacier National Park and then head north so if you want to go along it should work out better. Let me know

Back