Thread: Shopping in Gillette?

Question Shopping in Gillette?

I've been there, but not for years- what stores are in or near Gillette? Is there a Wally World? REI? Home Depot?

Can I buy all the stuff I want at the rally but don't want to pack/ship?
    Phil Keppelman #20331
    MOA Rally Stage Manager
    The shortest distance between two points.............
    ain't how I got here......

Google maps to the rescue.
    There's a walmart and kmart, and I'd guess other crap retailers, in Gillette. Those two are just south of the interstate off exit 126.

look here

and I'd guess other crap retailers
    Scott, this reminded me of the old George Carlin routine about "sh_t".

Everybody needs a wide variety of crap on hand. :-)
    And while I'm not in love with the place, Wally Mart has saved my butt several times.

What I fear more than the absence of shopping venues, is the absence of GRASS. And I mean the soft green kind that my tent loves.

green, soft grass

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
    What I fear more than the absence of shopping venues, is the absence of GRASS. And I mean the soft green kind that my tent loves.

From what I saw, there is plenty of "good" grass in the majority of spots around the facility. We might want to remind Karol to make sure the sprinklers can be shut off for a few days!

Some of the outer campgrounds like box elder have tough ol wyoming grass w/o sprinklers, but still plenty to get you throught the night.

Quote Originally Posted by redclfco View Post
    From what I saw, there is plenty of "good" grass in the majority of spots around the facility. We might want to remind Karol to make sure the sprinklers can be shut off for a few days!

Some of the outer campgrounds like box elder have tough ol wyoming grass w/o sprinklers, but still plenty to get you throught the night.

Hmmm....dale, where are you putting your tent?? Maybe I'll have them leave on one sprinkler
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, Director MOA Foundation
    2008/2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair

Wally world, alias WalMart:)

Sure did some good business at two National Rallies I went to. Ohio and Wisconsin, both had WalMarts nearby and BMW's were parked everywhere out front. Mine too. The money I save there shopping is going in my GAS Tank, this year! When I need something quick and cannot find it anywhere else, WalMart usually has it. A good store, imo Randy"Polarbear"

Quote Originally Posted by k75karol View Post
    Hmmm....dale, where are you putting your tent?? Maybe I'll have them leave on one sprinkler
    Karol, leaving one sprinkler on won't matter, cause I'm a firm believer that one should ride em hard and always put em away WET

Quote Originally Posted by redclfco View Post
    Karol, leaving one sprinkler on won't matter, cause I'm a firm believer that one should ride em hard and always put em away WET
    Besides that....you'll be guaranteed not to stand in line for a shower
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, Director MOA Foundation
    2008/2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair

Talking Shopping in Gillette?

There's coal. Lots of coal. If you are shopping for coal, you should be able to find some. All you could ever want. Buckets and buckets of coal. Be sure to take some home with you. Maybe not in Wal Mart, but nearby.
    2014 R1200 GSA, 92 K75s. Gone: 97 F650st, 04 R1100s, 78 R80/7, 76 Honda 750F, Maico 400, Husqvarna 360 8 speed, Honda SL-350, Suzuki 250 Savage, Honda 175SL, Bonanza 100.