• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

vacation

HFbmw

I am taking my wife, Karen and her Dad, Ken to California. So this trip is in a car. We left Minnesota last Saturday and took some backroads thru Iowa and Nebraska. Lots of Harleys with a few Beemers around Northeastern Iowa.
Monday we left Denver, watching the traffic come around me and noticed a GS rider. Watched the Beemer go and figured Maybe we would see him again.

Stopped for fuel and yep there he was. Suiting up. Walked over and asked how was the ride.
" Cold in the pass." He pointed back at the snow packed peaks.
"What do you ride?" He asked.
It took me some seconds to remember that I had my T shirt, " Still plays with Motorcycles" on.
"K1100RS." I said.
"Nothing beats Electric Heat!" He exclaimed.
"Yeah, I agree, made my own but the beemer at the time was an R65."
"R65?" He cracked up laughing, " No extra amps for anything on that machine, this bike has a 60amp alternator! I have all sorts of electronics and the machine will handle most of it!"
" Where are you heading?" I ask
"Alaska" He mentioned taking this route (I-70) or going thru Salt Lake City. However he figured hwy 50 would be nice for cruising.
"Have a friend in Oregon, we are going to a rally just for the weekend... not really looking forward to the long ride...."
"Yup, but that is what these bikes are for!" I exclaimed
My wife and father in law had come back to the car.
"Have a great trip!" I said
"Thanks for talking!"
Cool, well plans for me this year is 1 week of vacation for cage drivin' and 2+ for riding! Even IF/when the prices are close to 4+ per gallon!

tim Lindstrom,
k1100RS resting at home.
in dove creek, colorado for now.

Back