• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A Capitol Idea

Love it

Hey Tom, nice picture and nicer Bike. I was wondering? does your mascot on your tank bag, get in your way when you are apex's in it ? lol :D

It's a counterbalance thing,
I lean to the Left, he leans to the Right.
No political message intended....
:whistle

This needs a bump!

This would be great thread when completed.
I know Old Man Winter is setting in but you riders in the more temperate climes could keep adding.

Cheyenne, Wyoming

The temporary capitol of Wyoming since 1890.

424287821_n6hjo-L.jpg

GAIL! What were you doing out on your bike in the evening last week??? It's got to be nearly as cold there as here....

Full disclosure tho, I rode back from lunch last Tuesday. I get off work at 4:30 and it was quite a bit chillier than 2:30pm!

Looks nice for a temporary place. What is the story behind that?

Upon gaining statehood, Wyoming designated Cheyenne the temporary capitol. There was a fight in the early 1900s to move it to a more central location but that effort failed. So Cheyenne has remained the temporary location. By now I think everyone is used to it being in Cheyenne, especially the residents and businesses there. Maybe one day they'll get around to removing the temporary status, but it's low on the priority list. And we don't like making hasty decisions out here in the open spaces.

First time taking a picture of the MA State House, I was a pedestrian...I can see that it would be very difficult to get a bike in the picture.
3283303510_296166beb9_o.jpg

Not all the same....

Lamble; "As a curious Brit...did one architect manage to secure the contract for all State Capitol buildings?

They all look similar to the Senate building in Rome as well"

Not all of the state capitol buildings look the same. There are three that are quite different. The North Dakota capital bulding is one of them. It already posted here. The other two are Nebraska and Louisiana. I have images of both of them. I'll try and round them up tonight and post them.

The temporary capitol of Wyoming since 1890.

Dang, Vagabird beat me to it. That use to be my office, just behind those shrubs on the left. You can see the tops of the windows. I'll just have to get one with my bike in the pic... just as soon as it gets warm enough to melt the road ice !!

Well I have been looking for an excuse to ride north and somebody has to do it so, OK, you talked me into it. Looks like about 400 miles from Estero.

Well it took a while to get around to making the trip but finally. So Tallahassee
is in. Is it time for a map update yet Gail?

Attachments

• 001DSC_0505.jpg
    001DSC_0505.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 222
Richmond, Virginia. I did not intend to take this picture last Labor Day...I just ended up in the area. It is not a great picture. Perhaps someone else has a better one.

364375992_Qq7oM-L.jpg

Frankfort, KY

A little detour on our recent week-long ride in Kentucky turned up the capitol building with ..... a couple of fine looking motorcycles on the front sidewalk, belonging to Jim McLean and Cal Miller.

Attachments

• KY-Capitol.jpg
    KY-Capitol.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 187
Back