• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mt St Helens Anniversary

B

BobMielke

It's hard to believe that 29 years ago Mt. St. Helens errupted. I took a ride there today to capture the power of nature to heal itself as well as man's ability to rebuild out of disaster. It was an unbelieveably beautiful day at 84 degrees. The air was crystal clear as my friend & I pulled over on the road's shoulder for another "Kodak" moment. I think you'll like the results. We rode 254 miles today and after two mounains in two states on back to back days I'm pooped, but smiling. :)

297500411_f48W3-M.jpg

297499758_ZWC6u-M.jpg

297498774_8PZd4-M.jpg

297499940_DbhB8-M.jpg

Freinds & I were coming back to Seattle from Sun Valley and got stuck in Yakima overnight the day it erupted. Very surreal! Completely dark, hot and humid. Ash was falling like a heavy snowfall. Destroyed the rental car we were in.

Back