• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Imported a new Schuberth helmet

Ridealot

Lifetime Member
For several years I have worn Schuberth Concept helmets and have loved them. The original Concept helmet was very noisy, but the C2 is extremely quite. I ride to work almost every day, and I wear glasses so the flip-up helmet is a real time saver. I don't think anyone who doesn't wear glasses can fully appreciate what a pain in the butt they are for putting on a helmet.

My current C2 has been in service for over 2 years of almost daily use. It was starting to get a little on the worn side so I started shopping for a replacement. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered that the Schuberth helmets where no longer available in the USA. Over the years I have owned over a dozen helmets so I am well aware of different helmets. After finding a helmet that was comfortable, easy to use, performed well in the rain fog wise, and did not cause me any problems I wanted another one.

So I took the global community crap to heart and fired up the computer. I have a friend who moved here after growing up in Germany. I asked him if he had any links to motorcycle sites in Germany who ship to the USA. He sent me several links that also had English translations. After looking at the Schuberth Home site to see what colors where available I ordered a helmet from FC-moto.de. On Wednesday night last week a placed an order. On Monday morning my helmet showed up from Germany.

Ummm only 4 1/2 days later I get a helmet from Germany. The cycle shop I ordered parts from over 3 weeks ago could really take lessons from these guys.

Here is my shiny new imported helmet. I hear this is also the fastest color that Schuberth makes.:stick

294955617_AiAyS-L.jpg

294956393_ewUia-L.jpg

294956976_8jRFi-L.jpg

With Euro v Dollar prices what they are, I can't imagine that you have started a trend.

S1 Schuberth

I recently bought a closed out S1 and love it. My buddies were so impressed with iy they also got one. The only issue I see is the cost if these were not on close out. $700 for a helmet is a bit much, however, with what I know now, I may be wiling to spend that much when a replacement is due.

On Wednesday night last week a placed an order. On Monday morning my helmet showed up from Germany.

Ummm only 4 1/2 days later I get a helmet from Germany.

What do you expect...German efficiency!

I needed a master cylinder for my R65 when I was in Salzburg. I placed the order with the local BMW dealer in the morning, had the part by mid afternoon and installed it/bled the brakes and was riding by late afternoon.

Ummm only 4 1/2 days later I get a helmet from Germany. The cycle shop I ordered parts from over 3 weeks ago could really take lessons from these guys.

Here is my shiny new imported helmet. I hear this is also the fastest color that Schuberth makes.:stick

Nice helmet. That is my favorite color Schuberth also.
Speaking of the parts, I part time at a shop here and hear about some of the time it takes to get stuff. We can get anything overnight if it is in the country...sometimes two days if it is on the west coast and not NJ. But that costs an extra charge. On a regular stock order, it takes about a week to 10 days. But if the parts are only in Germany, it usually takes about two weeks. On rare occasions, more like a month when the parts are not in stock in Germany.

If Schuberth starts selling again in the US, I may get one for my next lid. When I purchased my current helmet, I liked the Schuberth the best, but it was a bit out of my price range at the time.

Also, you should probably order an extra visor just in case (if you haven'd done it already)

When I purchased my current helmet, I liked the Schuberth the best, but it was a bit out of my price range at the time.

The original Concept is still available and for Ôé¼249 from Louis in Germany. Thats about US$400. Prices in Europe include tax, so tax is deducted if it is shipped out of the EU.

BTW, having seen both the Concept and the new C2, the original Concept is nicer on the inside. Even if the new C2 is quieter, it still isn't as quiet as wearing any helmet with ear plugs.

......not a helmet, but..

....desperate for a left Schuberth C2 side shield cover wheelie thing, the black circular two-piece part that holds the visor on, any chance you could help a brudda out? i can send a pic of the part I need! Keith

Attachments

• schuberth part small.JPG
    schuberth part small.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 559
BTW, having seen both the Concept and the new C2, the original Concept is nicer on the inside. Even if the new C2 is quieter, it still isn't as quiet as wearing any helmet with ear plugs.

After owning both a Concept and C2 there is no comparison. The C2 is a much nicer helmet. The inside padding around the ears makes an unbelievable difference in how much quiter the C2 is.

And since I wear a C2 and ear plugs I ride in a very quiet bubble.

After owning both a Concept and C2 there is no comparison. The C2 is a much nicer helmet. The inside padding around the ears makes an unbelievable difference in how much quiter the C2 is.

Well they seem to have omitted the trim at the top of the head in the C2. All you see now is expanded polystyrene, in black I believe. The original Concept was "far better finished" in that respect.

When they make helmets as quiet as when I'm wearing earplugs, I'll dump the earplugs.

....desperate for a left Schuberth C2 side shield cover wheelie thing, the black circular two-piece part that holds the visor on, any chance you could help a brudda out? i can send a pic of the part I need! Keith

I'm on it. Won't get to Louis until Saturday though.
Chris

That's a great helmet.

I have an RF1000 Shoei and a Shuberth C2 (in plain ol' white).

I find myself grabbing the Shoei when I'm off on a short hop to Home Depot or somewhere like that.

If I'm going to be on the bike for an hour or longer, the C2 is always the choice. It is a bit noisier, and a bit heavier, but it always winds up being much more comfortable on my head. The visor is bigger and I don't have to move my head as far to see things beside me, but most of all, I can open the lid at stop lights to rub my eyes or scratch my nose, or get a drink of water, or just talk to people. And I think the music from the iPod sounds better in it (OK, I'm a bit goofy on that one, I know, but I really do think it has better internal acoustics).

Its only problem is the lack of support it gets on this side of the pond.

I had a friend from one of these boards find me a visor in Athens Greece. There were none anywhere else in this country. It was expensive to get parts that way, but thank heavens for the boards.

Hopefully the parts shortage will improve.

Good luck with the new lid.

I hope it will never be needed.

Schubeth verus Shoei Sizing

I currently am wearing/using a Shoei J Wing helmet and and wondering if any of you have any opinion on how the sizing compares between the helmets.

I currently am wearing/using a Shoei J Wing helmet and and wondering if any of you have any opinion on how the sizing compares between the helmets.

I have a Shoei RF 1000 in size large and it's packed out to be a bit loose. I've had a Schuberth S1 in XL for about the same time period and it fits better. In the S1 I'd say go a size larger, that is if you have a Schuberth head. Haven't tried on a C2 yet but definitely will take a look.

That reminded me, my C2 is just about blown out so I ordered a new one.

I got mine from a company in California with an extra shield for $499 delivered.

Unfortunately it was the last XL they had in stock. I didn't ask if they were getting more.

As for those little discs I also got some spares from them last year. K Basa can tell you about my purchasing a BRAND NEW helmet for the two discs on the 2005 Iron Butt rally, then selling him the lid for 50 cents on the purchase dollar. :banghead

http://www.extremesupply.com/schuberthhelmets/schuberthC2helmet.html

EDIT: I ignored the lack of available sizes on their page and called their tool free number. I wasn't a tool so I got the kind lady on the phone to put her hands on my helmet to confirm size and availability.

This is one of the key advantages of a helmet such as a Shoei Multitec . . . no little pieces to lose when you change faceshields. My fiancee has a Schuberth (great deal on an XS at a local dealer a couple of years ago), and if we go to Europe next year, I plan to try to find and stock up on these little pieces (not to mention replacement faceshields). May even look at a C2 for me!

Back