• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally Site Map

Is there an updated map that shows more of the layout of the rally? Like where the club area going to be located at, show trailers, and the most important beer tent, etc? The only map that I can find of the rally site is just the basic map of the Cam-Plex.

Is there an updated map that shows more of the layout of the rally? Like where the club area going to be located at, show trailers, and the most important beer tent, etc? The only map that I can find of the rally site is just the basic map of the Cam-Plex.

We visited the site on Friday to finalize the details and locations. If you have access to the Cam-plex site diagram....much of the camping (the North Forty) will be in the Box-Elder RV area. That's also where the shower trailers are. The Beemer Saloon will be in the East Pavillion, on the East end, and the chartered club tables and chairs will be on the West end. We'll have a complete site map on-line long before the rally begins!

Thanks

I must be blind. Is there a site map available other than the one on the Cam-Plex site? I want to pick a general area for camping so that my club members will know where to look for each other.

much of the camping (the North Forty) will be in the Box-Elder RV area. That's also where the shower trailers are.

This picture is small but a lot of the Boxelder RV park looks like gravel. The only grassy areas I see are in the center, what the Cam-plex calls "commons areas." Is this the only tent camping area on the grounds? Also, will the tenters be sharing the RV campground with RVs?

Ariel%20Newmar-280.jpg

Are there any other tenting areas on the grounds?

there should not be any rv's in the area that will be used for camping. I spoke to a lady about this back in January. she assured me that they were going to use part of the rv park for tents only...:clap :clap :clap

This picture is small but a lot of the Boxelder RV park looks like gravel. The only grassy areas I see are in the center, what the Cam-plex calls "commons areas." Is this the only tent camping area on the grounds? Also, will the tenters be sharing the RV campground with RVs?

Ariel%20Newmar-280.jpg

Are there any other tenting areas on the grounds?

BoxElder is an RV campground. the Roads are a crushed red surface that will be watered to keep down any dust. (I'm told this type of surface doesn't create much dust). This will be referred to as the "North 40" (even though it's not North ;) It is quiet camping, there is grass, and there are 4 shower trailers (48 showers). There may be a few RV's in the far eastern row (to serve as a windbreak ;), but it is definitely tent camping. There will be a shuttle running between the North 40 and Rally Central.

There also will be camping near rally central, but that will be the "noisy" area, because it's closer to the entertainment. If you are on the Cam-Plex site, it is referred to as the Reata RV camping (No RVs). This is also the area for Special Needs camping (C-pap machines, etc). and Chartered Club tents for the clubs that have big tents.

The Windmill RV camping is RV's only. We will only use that specified section of the North Forty if the Windmill RV camp fills. The North Forty is a "NO GENERATOR" area.

The finishing touches are being put on the map for the rally program, and will be available on line shortly.

Hmmm. It doesn't look in the pictures like there is enough room in the grassy common areas to accommodate the number of tents there usually are. In other words, we better get there early or else we'll be camped on gravel where an RV has set. That means an extra heavy ground cloth, long sturdy nails for stakes and a heavy-duty hammer.

The Cam-plex site says there is grass in the "Native grass common areas
Lawn sports and picnic areas." Can we camp on the grass in the lower right of this photo?

web_rv8.jpg

Hmmm. It doesn't look in the pictures like there is enough room in the grassy common areas to accommodate the number of tents there usually are. In other words, we better get there early or else we'll be camped on gravel where an RV has set. That means an extra heavy ground cloth, long sturdy nails for stakes and a heavy-duty hammer.

The Cam-plex site says there is grass in the "Native grass common areas
Lawn sports and picnic areas." Can we camp on the grass in the lower right of this photo?

web_rv8.jpg

There was lots of grass, the picture is just poor. I think it's because all the RV's parked there. Is it Kentucky Blue Grass in Boxelder? Nope, but it's grass, and it's thick enough not to worry about bringing your "Heavy Duty camp in the dirt" stuff!

There was lots of grass, the picture is just poor. I think it's because all the RV's parked there. Is it Kentucky Blue Grass in Boxelder? Nope, but it's grass, and it's thick enough not to worry about bringing your "Heavy Duty camp in the dirt" stuff!

So the ground under the RVs is grassy and relatively smooth (not rutted)? I'll believe that when I see it. :) Anyone have a picture?

So the ground under the RVs is grassy and relatively smooth (not rutted)? I'll believe that when I see it. :) Anyone have a picture?

Here you go...not golf course grass, but native grass, and better than many campgrounds I've stayed in while traveling.

179602153_d6Ty8-M.jpg

179602146_m2kZp-L.jpg

179602139_ndb4m-L.jpg

Slept like a baby on that grass with some wonderful breeze from the west (hint, which way do I face the tent?), then got up th next morning, and leisurely walked over to my own (shared bath but a class act) bath with sink h/c running water, hot hot showers WITH drains (not a trough between yer legs). The whole campground is justt far enough away from the main event to allow for privacy...I have no complaints:D

I can't wait, it's taking over my brain approaching the 30 day ETD!

Dale

Looks good:)

What are those permanant trailers sitting there? Showers, restrooms, or what? Showers have been such a huge issue in even "recent" rallies and it sure would be nice to have facilities that keep up with the crush:). The big rig trailer showers have been quite a nice addition in recent years and have done a lions share to help this concern. Keep up the good work:). We like our showers, as we campout:). THX.,Randy:usa

What are those permanant trailers sitting there? Showers, restrooms, or what? Showers have been such a huge issue in even "recent" rallies and it sure would be nice to have facilities that keep up with the crush:). The big rig trailer showers have been quite a nice addition in recent years and have done a lions share to help this concern. Keep up the good work:). We like our showers, as we campout:). THX.,Randy:usa

Those are shower trailers with restrooms. There are 4 trailers - 12 showers in each.
292785187_dUA5F-S.jpg

Each one also has a washtub/sink, that could be used to hand wash clothes, dishes. Plenty of mirrors, and (can't remember the number of restroom stalls in each).
292785186_9nRt8-S.jpg
292785182_7C5bS-S.jpg

Typically they're set up to be 6 each men's and women's. 2 trailers will be all men's (so 6 of them may not have the urinals you've come to expect:bolt ) The middle 2 trailers will be 1/2 men's and 1/2 women's. That equates to 36 men's and 12 women's. There are also a few showers located in Rally Central, but the bulk are in the North Forty!!

Hooray:)

Looks like the ticket alright:). Will they be 24 hours? Either way, good stuff and thanks for documenting these in pictures. Getting closer:). This place will be full of Beemers in no time now:). Randy

I must be blind. Is there a site map available other than the one on the Cam-Plex site? I want to pick a general area for camping so that my club members will know where to look for each other.

For those of you who have the forum bookmarked, and don't visit the Home page very often....
http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally/rally08/BMWMOA_Rally_08_site_map.pdf
http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally/rally08/BMWMOA_Rally_08_hall_map.pdf

Energy Hall is where registration takes place, and is also home to most of the seminars.

Eeek....:burnout 29 days and counting down

Looks like the ticket alright:). Will they be 24 hours? Either way, good stuff and thanks for documenting these in pictures. Getting closer:). This place will be full of Beemers in no time now:). Randy

Showers in the North Forty are open 24 hours.

What's EEEK?:)

Karol, are you excited, with that "EEEK", I would assume you're ready to get started:). The last weeks before the rally are always the toughest, as I see it. I can't wait and find myself anxious to run for the gate! Question; My wife signed up pre registration on line and signed as a passenger. SHE WILL be riding her own bike. Do we need to change anything, or just make it right at entry time. Thx., Randy

Back