Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hot Feet in Summer?

Quote Originally Posted by 26667 View Post
    Great to hear! My Oxtar Jupiter 2 xcr boots are supposed to arrive tomorrow. They're the just-over-the-ankle-lace-up style, but certainly seem more protective than gym shoes or the like. And they have a heel. I hate not having a heel to hook on my pegs. And I found them on-line at several places as close-outs. I may have gotten the last size 43 (US sz 10) in the known universe, but pro'ly not, if anyone's interested.

But trust me, on a fully faired bike, like my RS, when you're stuck in rush hour traffic and it's 90+ degrees and 90% humidity, those cylinders aren't helping the cool-osity of the situation.

If it ever gets warm in Illinois again, I'll report back. As it stands today, electrics are still in order here.
    I hope they work out for you. I wonder if "XCR" stands for the type of fiber weave that makes the boots? Mine sound more "traditional" than yours. They are higher with armor on the shin and ankles, and they close with velcro. Here's a pic of my boots from newenough:

And of yours, also from newenough:

From the other pics on newenough.com the soles of the two boots appear identical. I probably have 6-8,000 miles on the Oxtars and the sole has worn well and seems like it'll last for at least several good summer seasons of hard riding. Oxtar (who had to change their name to TCX) makes one heckuva product, IMHO. Good luck with them, and write a little review after you've put a few miles on 'em.
    Grant
    '05 R1200GS
    Former owner of an '03 R1150R
    BMWMOA #113847

new spoons!

The boots just came in the mail! woo-hoo! The fit is dandy. I usually wear a 10 in US sizes and the 43 seems perfect. I think they're gonna be a good compromise btw the safety of "real" mc boots and the comfort of gymers. The toe box is a little pointy for my taste, but maybe the design is to help slip your toe under the shifter. They seem fairly supportive. Not exactly a steel-toe boot, but pretty firm where it's likely to count. The velcro flap covers the laces just fine so they shouldn't get caught on the carbs or controls. They're cut a good bit higher in the front, at the tongue above the instep where stuff is more likely to whack you.

So much of my riding is a rush hour commute. Sometimes an hour to go the 11 miles downtown. I just had to find some cooler gear. When it's that hot, even tho' I know I could go for a fun late nite ride after work, I often take the cage because it's not just hot...it's "Sofa King Hot!" in the stop and go traffic.

Now I'm gonna go put some nifty venting slits in my cheap($16) Home Depot deerskin gloves
    We might as well walk. ~ Adam Guettel The Light In The Piazza
    used to own: 1982 R100T, 1984 R65, 1986K75C, 1997 R1100RT, R850R, K75S, 1978 R100RS... what was I thinking?