• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Finally! Some good news about my daughter.

Rapid_Roy

We have been giving her supplements for mineral and bacterial deficiencies for many months now. It takes a lot of time and some have to be given 15 minutes before she eats, some are once a day or twice a day. We got the results of a recent blood test and it looks like we are having an effect. Milk allergies was still over a hundred, anything over 30 means you react to it, 70 is a full allergic reaction. This seems bad but it might have been 2 or 3 hundred and now it may just be over 100. The grains were 70 and now they are 13. The same for most of the stuff that was in the 70's, it is all much lower. The leaky gut is going away. This means she is getting more vitamins out of the food she eats, and her digestive system is normalizing somewhat.
She seems pretty happy and sharper, so we'll take it. It is nice to know the effort and hard work we are doing is paying off. Be happy.
:dance :brad :bliss :boldpurpl
Everybody have a drink on me.
:bar

This "leaky gut" is a term I had never heard. Imagine your stomach is a sieve, it only lets amino acids through. Hers is a net, and it is letting much larger things through like proteins. This is bad because, you need proteins to help your body, and, her immune system is making antibodies to fight off these proteins. Not only is she not getting the vitamins, her body's immune system is wasting energy fighting off something that is actually good for her. It's a double whammy. Hers is starting to contract back to sieve. I don't know if all the allergies will go away, but we may be able to start giving her more normal foods. She has also been doing really well in therapy, and we got a new seat for her wheelchair that she has to sit ion dynamically. It looks like she is wearing her brace, she is sitting so straight. It was well worth the money. You thought Corbin's were expensive? :laugh
We are hoping this will help with the scoliosis. I would be exceedingly happy if she never needed to go under the knife for anything in her life, ever again.

Roy,

That's fantastic. Your and your wife's dedication is paying off big dividends it sound like. I'm happy for you all.

Thank you everyone. I can hardly wait until she is fully healed, and then I can complain about my health. :laugh

As expensive as all these special foods are, they are still cheaper than going to China. If we do go back, I'll see if I can roll Charlie and Ewan into a motorcycle journey over there.
We'll call it "The Occidental Tourist."
*snicker*

There but for the grace of whatever deity you believe in goes any of us parents and our children.

I applaud your strength, energy, dedication and compassion, and I wish you strength, energy, dedication and compassion as you continue to deal with this situation. :bow

Best wishes to the three of you - you have all of us fellow parents pulling for your daughter - and just as importantly - the parents who are helping her through this challenging situation! :)

Thank you everyone. I can hardly wait until she is fully healed, and then I can complain about my health. :laugh

Good news for sure. I feel we're so lucky if we have just the typical health ailments as we go along and I'm not going to complain either. Wishing the best for your daughter Rachael's health.

Sure am glad you shared this wonderful news!

I'd expect it gives a lift to everyone who reads it.

Voni
sMiling

It's been a rough day at work for me, but logging onto the forum and seeing this really lifts my spirits! Great news, Roy!!!!

:clap :thumb

Good news! The patient careful work has paid off. Wonderful!
partydance.gif

It's a wonder you people survive with no blood in your bodies, 'cuz your hearts are so big! Thank you everybody.

The only thing better than this, would be her full recovery and her becoming a BMWMOA member and rider. Then I would know she was in the company of some of the best-est people around.

:wave

Your situation puts things in perspective, Roy. I need that once in a while. Thanks.

I hope that things continue to go well, and you can post more good news!!

Back