• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Digital bad habits: Date stamp and beep beep beep

knary

looking for a coal mine
1. Date Stamp. One of the quickest ways to ruin a good photo is to have the date stamped in big blocky red or orange letters in the corner. Turn it off. If your camera has the date set up correctly, the image will file will have an accurate creation date.

2. Sound Effects. One of the quickest ways to ruin a beautiful moment for those around you is to force everyone in ear shot to listen to the beep beep beep and simulated click of your camera as it struggles to take the photo that probably won't turn out anyway. Turn them off. There are all sorts of little lights and information on the displays that already tell you that you've focused, turned on your camera, etc.

Really. Please.

:lurk

1. Date Stamp. One of the quickest ways to ruin a good photo is to have the date stamped in big blocky red or orange letters in the corner. Turn it off. If your camera has the date set up correctly, the image will file will have an accurate creation date.

2. Sound Effects. One of the quickest ways to ruin a beautiful moment for those around you is to force everyone in ear shot to listen to the beep beep beep and simulated click of your camera as it struggles to take the photo that probably won't turn out anyway. Turn them off. There are all sorts of little lights and information on the displays that already tell you that you've focused, turned on your camera, etc.

Really. Please.

:lurk

+a billion.

If you're seeking to place a photo as picture of the week, ones with a date in big numbers stamped on the image will never be selected.

this applies to cell phones too, turn off the keypad tones

thanks

Stop posting! The clicking of your nails on the key board are keeping me awake.:drink

I am fine Scott how are you my fine showoff friend?

Where did I put those darn ear plugs anyway?
:p

I am fine Scott how are you my fine showoff friend?

Where did I put those darn ear plugs anyway?
:p

I am quite good. I'm in the middle of talking with four different galleries. I hope I have enough work for them.

Great!
How is the studio working for you? I followed the build thread with great interest. Is it the space you hoped for?

Great!
How is the studio working for you? I followed the build thread with great interest. Is it the space you hoped for?

Time will tell, but so far I am very pleased. It's a great space to simply be in. I have yet to produce much finished work, but there are several figurative works that are promising. And I'm having fun with the small paintings again. You can see some of it at that link in my sig.

I enjoy going to your site periodically. I like your work.

Going to post the reads then tottle off to dreamland.

Ciao :wave

So has anyone turned off the date stamp or the sound effects after reading this thread?

:ha

Back