• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RFP - Request for Provisionals

PAULBACH

Needed: Writers and photographers and for the National Rally in Gillette

Mission: Website Rally Reports. Responsibility will be to provide MOA members who could not make it to the rally a sense of what is happening in Gillette. Each day the team will upload pictures and a description of the people and events in the photographs.

Hours: Might be long; from sunrise to sunset and then hit the computers. Actually just take the pictures and record who is in them.
tweetywink.gif

Pay: The same as the rest of the volunteers but it may double at the next rally with accrued experience.

Equipment Required: Digital Camera, Writing Paper for notes, Comfortable Walking Shoes.

Helpful: Laptop Computer useful but not essential.

Useful Skills:
  1. Experience with SmugMug, PhotoBucket or the like. If you don't know folks will teach the basics.
  2. Outgoing personality
  3. Tolerance for long hours but great fun
  4. Legible writing so others can read your notes

Disclaimer: All photos must be owned by the person submitting and by so doing you grant the BMW MOA the right to publish the photo in any of its media, either print or electronic. No payment is made and the MOA reserves the right to refuse, edit or modify any submissions.

If interested: Please send an email or a PM to Paul Bachorz or Ian Schmeisser and you will be kept up to date with rally details. Email addresses for Ian and Paul are in recent editions of Owners News or click private message above.

Provisionals: Provided or serving only for the time being. :deal

Last edited:
Wonderful!

Try to get a few shots of the thirsty multitude. Be sure to take names for photo ID and possible black mail opportunities in the future. :evil

Benefits for volunteers

Benefits Package
  • Exercise and fresh air
  • See the entire rally – inside out
  • Your photos on line
  • Best of all – meeting the whole Rally family

If interested: Please send an email or a PM to Paul Bachorz or Ian Schmeisser and you will be kept up to date with rally details. Email addresses for Ian and Paul are in recent editions of Owners News or click private message above.

What's in your camera bag?

viking.jpg

Whatever is in the camera bag bring it to Gillette and join up with the Rally Web reports team.

Please send an email or a PM to Paul Bachorz or Ian Schmeisser and you will be kept up to date with rally details. Email addresses for Ian and Paul are in recent editions of Owners News or click private message above.

No matter where you are ...

Makes no difference what your skill level is

digital-camera-for-kids-3.jpg

whether you are here
Lowepro_reporter_camera_bag.jpg

or here ...

your skills are needed. Send an email or a PM. You can do the "work" while you are walking around the rally.

Ted,

That would work fine. I will be posting a few shots from last year as rally gets closer but if you have a few shots of the "canvas chalets" that would be helpful. It would give newcomers a sense of what to expect.

During the rally the shots will all be archived and each evening shots will be uploaded to SmugMug and posted on the forum. And if Jack is around maybe a few classic captions.

Paul

Ted,

That would work fine. I will be posting a few shots from last year as rally gets closer but if you have a few shots of the "canvas chalets" that would be helpful. It would give newcomers a sense of what to expect.

During the rally the shots will all be archived and each evening shots will be uploaded to SmugMug and posted on the forum. And if Jack is around maybe a few classic captions.

Paul

On the other hand, I could just load them up on a memory stick and walk that over to you.

Around here, we call that the sneaker net.

For those who can't get to Gillette check the forum each day for pictures archiving the
  • fun
  • food
  • family
  • and where Chasman has hidden Rob's MSR Parawing.
Check out the BYOS thread.

Paul, since I am going to my 1st MOA Rally (sans 1st BMW bike, my F800S, since my 1st bike, period, a hand-me-down BMW R50/2) by plane for 4 days, I can bring my Canon DSLR and my laptop.

PM or email me if you want me. I don't usually use the laptop for photo-stuff, but I can load software on it for this.

Its all relative

viking.jpg

Whatever is in the camera bag bring it to Gillette and join up with the Rally Web reports team.

Are my relatives planning on being there to help out?

Holly

BTW: I just finished doing the same thing for the Icelandic National League Convention: http://inlofna.org/Conf2008/Welcome.html Got it up within an hour of each event. Now I really need to fix it up. I'll give you any decent pics I get while I'm in Gillette.

I am game if i can make it to the rally beyond the writers dinner... :bottle :drink :p

Back