• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rehoboth Beach, DE

sunfire

This weekend I and a group of 14 friends/bikes went to Rehoboth Beach. The weather was excellent, specially Saturday! I even took my Rockster off-road!:blush

Here's some pics:

Ferry Terminal:
2436642849_bfdc53feb5_o.jpg

Part of the bikes on the ferry. I was getting worried because the ship was rolling side to side, but they didn't tople over:
2436642689_bf0f714c91_o.jpg

My Rockster and and a "younger sibling"! :p
2436625015_7e91830dfd_o.jpg

Evening shot across Silver Lake. The beach is just beyond those "houses":
2437464026_3ea6200568_o.jpg

Another view of the lake and the nice houses:
2436642537_cb0ce7bfda_o.jpg

Nice place to read a book and watch the stars:
2436642941_ce9e06fc13_o.jpg

Almost night time...:
2437463806_f679f74376_o.jpg

Taken from the Guest House deck, nighttime approaching:
2436625167_868d9c131f_o.jpg

My Rockster enjoying the sand... it was an excellent way to test the ABS!:p
2436625227_8e7902ed35_o.jpg

Another one:
2437445826_43f87f132d_o.jpg

What can I say, I really love my Rockster, but next weekend the windshield is coming off. It's great in the winter, but I think it detracts from the look. :blush

Why I love it

This is why I love the Ride Reports. I went to Rehoboth Beach as a kid. Haven't been there in 40 years. Looks great. Now, if it's not too much to ask......... how about a ride over to Ocean City, NJ and while your there........... Is the Anchorage 7 still open:drink Thanks for posting.

Am I sensing a cold drink in your hand while sitting on the deck after a day of riding?:drink

great pics,thanks for sharing..

Ahhh, the Eastern Shore. I was over there this past weekend as well, and since I wasn't riding, I'll just put up this one shot from our room.

282132254_Jc6io-S.jpg

Nice pictures and bike. Haven't been down that way in a while.

It was a nice weekend around here for riding, wasn't it?

The Delaware girls took the GS's over to Cape May for the weekend. If I could post a picture or two, I would. Seems I still can't seem to get it right.

We had a great time tho! Too bad we didn't take the ferry on Sunday as planned. We may have crossed paths.

This is why I love the Ride Reports. I went to Rehoboth Beach as a kid. Haven't been there in 40 years. Looks great. Now, if it's not too much to ask......... how about a ride over to Ocean City, NJ and while your there........... Is the Anchorage 7 still open:drink Thanks for posting.

Rehoboth Beach is great. At this time of the year parking is plentiful and free, no major crowds, and wonderfull restaurants. We had dinner at a bar/restaurant on main street, and for the first time I heard live karaoke!. Off course I didn't go up :blush - I just watched and laughed at all the antics. The highlight of the night was a very tall blonde transexual with a tiny skirt singing "I'm a Women"! She was great!:ha

We did go to Ocean City, MD, just not the same OC, NJ. One of these weekends I'll ride down to Ocean City and take some pics for you.

Am I sensing a cold drink in your hand while sitting on the deck after a day of riding?:drink

great pics,thanks for sharing..

No, didn't even have time to enjoy the deck. We rode all day, stayed out until late, and slept about 3 hours the whole weekend! I was exhausted by the time I got home, but I loved it!

:D

Nice pictures and bike. Haven't been down that way in a while.

It was a nice weekend around here for riding, wasn't it?

NICE?! It was amazing - around 85F on Saturday afternoon before dipping to 66F in less than one hour by late afternoon! Couldn't ask for a better weekend weather.

:thumb

The Delaware girls took the GS's over to Cape May for the weekend. If I could post a picture or two, I would. Seems I still can't seem to get it right.

We had a great time tho! Too bad we didn't take the ferry on Sunday as planned. We may have crossed paths.

Maybe we can meet another time. I don't have a GS, but I'm trying to convince myself that I need a GS Adventure!:bottle

:p

Sunfire, where exactly in NJ are you? If I'm guessing correctly, you are only about a half hour away from me.

We took some beautiful back roads from the DE Memorial Bridge down to the shore. I grew up in South Jersey and had never been on many of these roads.

Great pics! OK, here is my Cape May Ferry pic from ... Holy Cow, 11 years ago!

97NewEnglandTrip003.jpg

Sunfire, where exactly in NJ are you? If I'm guessing correctly, you are only about a half hour away from me.

We took some beautiful back roads from the DE Memorial Bridge down to the shore. I grew up in South Jersey and had never been on many of these roads.

Tracy, I live outside Philly in Mt. Laurel. There are some really nice roads around here, and off course there is also New Hope/Lambertsville further north. Have you ever been to Van Sant airport, PA? I usually go there on Sundays in the summer and people watch, see planes, and enjoy the weather. Here's a picture to show what it looks like in the summer on weekends...

2355136079_effae1dc1e_b.jpg

I've flown there a few times for cocktails. (I rode along - we had designated flyers) I was the chef at the Flying W years ago and also worked at SJ Regional Airport for a while. It's been a while but I'm fairly familiar with the roads up that way.

Have you been down around the DE/MD/PA border area? We have a regular route we call the "three states before breakfast tour".

I've flown there a few times for cocktails. (I rode along - we had designated flyers) I was the chef at the Flying W years ago and also worked at SJ Regional Airport for a while. It's been a while but I'm fairly familiar with the roads up that way.

Have you been down around the DE/MD/PA border area? We have a regular route we call the "three states before breakfast tour".

I often go to Bob's BMW outside Baltimore, but I usually go and come back using 95. Maybe I could join you for a ride through the "three states before breakfast tour". Is it paved or is it for GS's only? :)

Paul

All paved. My GS is allergic to dirt roads. :D

I have a family function today but will PM you tonight when I get back to let you know if we are going tomorrow. Need to check the weather. If so, we usually leave Newark, DE around 9am.

All paved. My GS is allergic to dirt roads. :D

I have a family function today but will PM you tonight when I get back to let you know if we are going tomorrow. Need to check the weather. If so, we usually leave Newark, DE around 9am.

Tracey, I sent you a pm. How many bikes are usually in the group?

Paul
:)

Depends. Sometimes it's just Matt (my hubby) and I. Last time, there were six of us.

Terham is also considering a ride next week so so far, that would make four. Generally, I don't like to ride in a big group.

Back