Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 BMW MOA Rally?

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Friedle View Post
    No, not ready yet to announce the specific location, but we have already indicated it will be in the Southeast section of the USA.

Friedle
    I vaguely recall reading in the forum after Gillette was announced that the rally was slowly working it's way out west. Ohio, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and then 2009 was supposed to be on the West Coast somewhere... I'll go search the threads to find what I think I recall.

I was hoping to attend the '09 rally as I was under the impression it was going to be on the left coast. Guess I'll have to pin my hopes on a 2010 rally.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

Certifiable Old Fart beemerdons's Avatar

Chihuahua, Mexico in 2011; Nova Scotia, Canada 2012! Mexican MC Insurance Requirement

Hola Ruben: Estaria ciertamente dispuesto a ayudarle a organizar una reunion internacional de BMWMOA en el estado de Chihuahua para 2011. In reading previous posts of PAULBACH and Friedle it appears it takes a three year time period from a initial proposal of an International Rally and the Rally becoming fact.

I would suggest that we organize for a Chihuahua Rally in 2011 and it would be magnifico if the Rally for 2012 was held in Nova Scotia. Our AZ Beemers Club #89 Roadrunner Rally is this third weekend in May and I will seek out MEX volunteers.

I will also be in Gillette in July and Guadalajara/PV in October and we can discuss this further. I suggest that when we are in Wyoming we approach Senor Friedle y Senor Bachorz at the beer tent with cerveza Negra Modelo y Herradura Tequila.

As the Zapotecs would say: Duub-Ba-La! On May 24 I fly to Barcelona, Espana to ride the Pyrenees for a week with the Milano, Italia Yamaha FJR 1300 Club.

The Italianos are bragging that they're bringing grappa for me to drink with them!

Little do they know that I am bringing them a bottle of Del Maguey Tobala Mezcal.

Bringing grappa to someone drinking mezcal is like bringing a knife to a gunfight!

Hola JCabranes: Our club, AZ Beemers, has had great success with the following two companies insuring our bikes for club trips into Mexico. San Xavier Mexico Insurance www.mexican-autoinsurance.com is located in Nogales, on the way to the border. Mexico Insurance Professionals www.mexpro.com is located in Flagstaff and treated Chuy fantastico when he had an FJR claim five years ago.
    Don Stanley; aka Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"
    BMWMOA #24810; www.azbeemers.org/forum #89

Quote Originally Posted by OfficerImpersonator View Post
    I vaguely recall reading in the forum after Gillette was announced that the rally was slowly working it's way out west. Ohio, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and then 2009 was supposed to be on the West Coast somewhere... I'll go search the threads to find what I think I recall.

I was hoping to attend the '09 rally as I was under the impression it was going to be on the left coast. Guess I'll have to pin my hopes on a 2010 rally.
    You are one hundred percent correct. The 09 rally will be in the SE and the 10 rally will be on the left coast.
    Ride Well

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Here I sit with baited breath waiting for the announcement of my 2009 vacation destination.

Darryl
    Don't hold your breath too long. It looks like the 09 site will be announced at Gillette.
    Ride Well

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    You are one hundred percent correct. The 09 rally will be in the SE and the 10 rally will be on the left coast.
    Now I won't feel any guilt whatsoever missing the national rally and riding to Alaska in 2009.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

Mudbug
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben View Post
    You already made one in Canada ...
    How about one in Mexico ?

Let me know if I can help.
    Chihuahua and the Copper Canyon is the closest, I guess.
    I agree. Viva Mexico.

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficerImpersonator View Post
    Now I won't feel any guilt whatsoever missing the national rally and riding to Alaska in 2009.
    But it means I will probably be able to make the 2009 Rally and sit out the 2010 Rally. I can generally make the southeast and eastern midwest MOA and RA rallies. In recent years, far more of the RA rallies have been near me with only the Charleston and Lima MOA rallies near enough for me to attend. Riding through hot flat deserts in July to get to a western rally is not possible at my age with my physical condition.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

2011 Rally

We can start working on it right now.
    Just let me know.
    I'll see you in Gillette and in Guadalajara.
    And if you know about Tobal?* Mezcal....
    God .. .!!!! you're my kind of friend !!!

I'll bring some !!!

best regards.
    Ruben Tenorio.
    International Delegate.- BMW Moto Clubes Mexico.
    Vicepresident.- BMW Clubes Federaci??n Latino Americana.
    Ambassador.- BMW Motorcycle Owners of America.

ben721364
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ka View Post
    Here is a link to the information the committee uses for Site Selection.

This has been a topic of much discussion. Contact the committee directly with your specific concerns.
    Thanks. I did read the Site Selection data form and noted that hotel availability is not a priority consideration. I wish that it were. This year, I started looking for a room in January and found that all to desirable rooms had already been taken, the best by MOA officials and staff! I wound up reserving a room 60+ miles away in Buffalo.

While lots of MOA Members enjoy camping, not all do. Personally I camped enough as a kid! Surely it wouldn't hurt to elevate the importance of hotel availability???

Hotel rooms within 5 miles: ____ 20 miles: ____ 30 miles: ____

The tool does consider hotel rooms in the mix of listed considerations. The critera in red are minimum needs for a site to meet the needs of stagging the rally. It does not list a specific requirement for the moving target of rooms but takes it as a criteria and a means of comparing sites.

Quote Originally Posted by ben721364 View Post
    While lots of MOA Members enjoy camping, not all do. Personally I camped enough as a kid! Surely it wouldn't hurt to elevate the importance of hotel availability???
    well, fwiw, if a proposed site does *not* meet the hotel room availability requirement, it is usually out of the running. i don't know how much higher a priority you can put on it than that.

ian
    RSST member
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '06 HP2e

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    Remember our brand, we are a sport touring club that loves to camp. But we require lots of hotel rooms for our rally.
    Won't be a problem in 2009.
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    No info release on exact location yet? -Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

floppp
    Reading between the line in Gail's post, I would venture SE near a major metro area.

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Floppp View Post
    Reading between the line in Gail's post, I would venture SE near a major metro area.
    Atlanta?
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA