• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2009 BMW MOA Rally?

Personally I feel that knowing what region next year's rally is going to be in is plenty. I know it will be in the S.E. USA and for me that is plenty.

Other than trying to book stuff now (which most hotels won't take this far out anyway) what is the need to know the specific site for 09 before the 08 event?

I agree. I can handle anywhere in the southeast. I can't think of any place I wouldn't go in the southeast. I just know I won't have to ride through a desert to get there and it will be within about 1,000 miles of me.

Southeast works for me, as I'll probably be able to visit family on the way. Lots of great riding over that way too.

Well you heard it first here.

I think the '09 rally site stinks. :fight :fight :banghead :nono :nyah :bluduh :hide

THEY did it all wrong, what were THEY thinking.

I have no idea where the '09 rally site is, I just wanted to be the first to say I hate the location.

EVERYONE knows the place is too big,small, close to big cities, far away, roads are too small and twisty to get any where in a hurry and they are too flat and straight.

Geeez when are THEY going to get it right???:bikes

OK kidding off, you may now return to your regularly scheduled thread. Hijack over.

I, for one, would like to see the announcement moved back to Saturday night at the Rally. This meant it showed up to the general membership that did not attend in the October rally issue of ON. In the pre-internet days the arrival of that issue marked the beginning of my winter planning for the next years rides. I know it will be leaked on the forum before the October issue, but after my formal planning for the year has been completed.

Making the announcement part of the rally Saturday night events seems right and gives a firm date that work has to be done by while giving us all an answer when the expected thread comes…’When and where is the next years rally?.’ It will be announced Saturday night of this years rally.

I agree M1ka. It's like Christmas morning, a bit of the fun is taken off if you open something before then. Oh, or any other gift giving holiday for the non- Santa celebrants in our membership.

Who else do you know that lets their club tell them where they are going on vacation next year?

:D

The Trailer Sailor Association always tells us the Annual TSA Cruise will be the last two weeks in July and will be in the North Channel of Lake Huron. Don't need an announcement every year because it is always the same time and place. :D

The Trailer Sailor Association always tells us the Annual TSA Cruise will be the last two weeks in July and will be in the North Channel of Lake Huron. Don't need an announcement every year because it is always the same time and place. :D

so it's kinda like Sturgis, only wetter, right?

Is it still the case that US Insurance is not valid in Mexico and you have to purchase a separate Mexican Insurance binder to ride over the border?

I think you now need a passport to go anywhere outside the U.S. please correct me if I'm wrong...:deal

You already made one in Canada ...
How about one in Mexico ?

Let me know if I can help.
Chihuahua and the Copper Canyon is the closest, I guess.

It's too far from the 49th parallel.

The farther away it is, the farther I have to ride and the longer I have to be on the road exploring. Sounds good to me.

oh, do i have some roads for you to next year's rally.... :nod

Translation: The rally will likely be in the western Carolinas or eastern Tennessee :evil

Note: though I am privy to some stuff, despite my best good natured efforts, no one has told me where the next rally is

Translation: The rally will likely be in the western Carolinas or eastern Tennessee :evil

Note: though I am privy to some stuff, despite my best good natured efforts, no one has told me where the next rally is

Dollywood, here we come?

I think you now need a passport to go anywhere outside the U.S. please correct me if I'm wrong...:deal

not til 09 til then as long as you are going by land or sea, a new passport Card will do, or several other forms of ID, see the pastport office web site at the US state dept. web. Still a passport or passport card is the best, and for air travel only a full passport will do.

RM

Back