Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 BMW MOA Rally?

2009 BMW MOA Rally?

Here I sit with baited breath waiting for the announcement of my 2009 vacation destination.

Darryl
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Here I sit with baited breath waiting for the announcement of my 2009 vacation destination.

Darryl
    your breath smells like worms? eeeewwwww!!
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

larrydk

Hope it's closer to me.

I'll be selfishm, had such a nice time when it was in Wisconsin last year. I hope it's closer to me again. SE would be great (planning a 10 year wedding anniversaty trip with wife) That would be a nice part of it

ben721364
    Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post

Darryl
    I hope the site selection committee will consider availability of sufficient hotel rooms nearby to accomodate those who are not interested in camping.

Quote Originally Posted by ben721364 View Post
    I hope the site selection committee will consider availability of sufficient hotel rooms nearby to accomodate those who are not interested in camping.
    Here is a link to the information the committee uses for Site Selection.

This has been a topic of much discussion. Contact the committee directly with your specific concerns.

beemergrl

Release of Rally Information

I thought yesterday at the MOA Board Meeting they were going to release it? Was I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by ben721364 View Post
    Ben, you can have mine this year at Gillette, and I'll give you mine next year as well. I dont want that to get in the way of great locations, such as Gillette! HA!

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

09 location

Quote Originally Posted by beemergrl View Post
    I thought yesterday at the MOA Board Meeting they were going to release it? Was I correct?

No, not ready yet to announce the specific location, but we have already indicated it will be in the Southeast section of the USA.

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

South East or South-South ?

You already made one in Canada ...
    How about one in Mexico ?

Let me know if I can help.
    Chihuahua and the Copper Canyon is the closest, I guess.
    Ruben Tenorio.
    International Delegate.- BMW Moto Clubes Mexico.
    Vicepresident.- BMW Clubes Federaci??n Latino Americana.
    Ambassador.- BMW Motorcycle Owners of America.

Certifiable Old Fart beemerdons's Avatar

I am 100% with Ruben. It's time for Rally in Mexico; Chihuahua or Creel, hotels/camp

"You already made one in Canada...How about one in Mexico?" Es verdad, Ruben.

I've asked this question more than once on the forum: If we've held our BMWMOA Rally in Canada, aren't we long overdue to hold an International Rally in Mexico?

Chihuahua would be a perfect location if we wanted to make the rally with an emphasis on hoteling it, which seems to be the opinion of most on this forum.

Population of 682,500 at an elevation of 1455 meters and plenty of things to do.

Day rides, the incredible market where you will be buying your goodies from either Mennonites or colorfully attired Tarahumaras, Quinta Luz-Pancho Villa's old house now occupied by the Museum of the Mexican Revolution. Viva Francisco!

And, if you really wanted to cap off your trip riding home: Tie down your bike to a flatcar on the Copper Canyon Railway and ride coach to the Pacific Ocean. Bueno!

If we wanted to base the Rally on camping, then Creel in Chihuahua Estado is perfect with a population of 4600 at 2338 meters of elevation. Plenty of hotels and already established camping at Complejo Ecoturistico Arareko; if more camping is needed there are plenty of ranchos available. If you're of the GS persuasion, which mucho of BMWMOA is, you will be in Heaven! Ride to Batopilas at the bottom of Barrancas del Cobre. If you're good enough, ride to Los Mochis!

We've ridden to Canada for back bacon, let's ride to Mexico for the chicharrones.
    Don Stanley; aka Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"
    BMWMOA #24810; www.azbeemers.org/forum #89

mrich12000

Arrow Like it realy needs to come here!!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post

Paul that is fantastic Ha Ha //Hi HI NOVA SCOTIA SALTY FOG NATIONAL RALLY

We need to send the commitee to Chedicamp fish for the Scallops & Lobster..

Rally Chairman

Great job, Don !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consider yourself the Rally Chairman.

And let me know what I can do to guarantee the quality of the event. I'll bring the mezcal and the Mexican girls !!!
    Ruben Tenorio.
    International Delegate.- BMW Moto Clubes Mexico.
    Vicepresident.- BMW Clubes Federaci??n Latino Americana.
    Ambassador.- BMW Motorcycle Owners of America.

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by mrich12000 View Post
    Paul that is fantastic Ha Ha //Hi HI NOVA SCOTIA SALTY FOG NATIONAL RALLY

We need to send the commitee to Chedicamp fish for the Scallops & Lobster..

sure.... let's do it! Lots of camping space at the Larry's River base camp. We'll round up a few fellas with fiddles and stuff. Swim in the river..... go fishing on a local boat (s)..... lots of on road and off road options as well as some roads that combine both options. Dream big eh? -Bob (37 more days to Big Trip)
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

JCABRANES
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemerdons View Post
    "You already made one in Canada...How about one in Mexico?" Es verdad, Ruben.

I've asked this question more than once on the forum: If we've held our BMWMOA Rally in Canada, aren't we long overdue to hold an International Rally in Mexico?

Chihuahua would be a perfect location if we wanted to make the rally with an emphasis on hoteling it, which seems to be the opinion of most on this forum.

Population of 682,500 at an elevation of 1455 meters and plenty of things to do.

Day rides, the incredible market where you will be buying your goodies from either Mennonites or colorfully attired Tarahumaras, Quinta Luz-Pancho Villa's old house now occupied by the Museum of the Mexican Revolution. Viva Francisco!

And, if you really wanted to cap off your trip riding home: Tie down your bike to a flatcar on the Copper Canyon Railway and ride coach to the Pacific Ocean. Bueno!

If we wanted to base the Rally on camping, then Creel in Chihuahua Estado is perfect with a population of 4600 at 2338 meters of elevation. Plenty of hotels and already established camping at Complejo Ecoturistico Arareko; if more camping is needed there are plenty of ranchos available. If you're of the GS persuasion, which mucho of BMWMOA is, you will be in Heaven! Ride to Batopilas at the bottom of Barrancas del Cobre. If you're good enough, ride to Los Mochis!

We've ridden to Canada for back bacon, let's ride to Mexico for the chicharrones.
    Is it still the case that US Insurance is not valid in Mexico and you have to purchase a separate Mexican Insurance binder to ride over the border?