• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

LT and after market "jpegs"

D

dpierce

Has anyone tried these JPEGS on their LT? Was thinking of buying but thought the price was a bit steep.

Don

dpierce said:
Has anyone tried these JPEGS on their LT? Was thinking of buying but thought the price was a bit steep.

Don

I haven't - but two local club members with LT's have. They like'm. And the mounting and finish are impressive, as is how they hide away when not in use.

One thing I did notice - they do appear to (no experience I've heard of) undo some of the cushioning effect the rubber side bumpers have if you were to lay the bike on it's side. But - no personal experiences I've heard of, so it might just be me worrying about something that doesn't deserve worrying about.

Best,

dpierce said:

Don

Don,

I use them extensively.

Also, there is a very large and active LT group at www.bmwlt.net

You can get all sorts of opinions on JPegs there.

Regards,

J-Pegs

Yes, I have them on my K1200LTC and really like them. They are a neat and clean way of giving you an option to stretch your legs from the stock riding position. They are expensive but I think they are the best looking aftermarket pegs available.

If you purchase them pay close attention to every detail when installing them. You will need to make some very precise cuts and drill holes to your stock components or you will have an ugly looking pair of fairing covers. Dont just go buy the template, for a perfect fit--- take your own measurements.

Last edited:
J-pegs templets

Not sure what you mean when you say don't buy templates, measure yourself. Isn't there some sort of templete that comes with the J pegs?

What I mean

There is a template that comes with the j-pegs. Just don't make the cuts using the templates as a perfect fit. I had to fit test mine before I drilled and cut those large holes in the black engine guard covers. For a perfect fit you will need to modify the hole placement just a little. The template works but it wouldn't have been nearly as neat a job if I hadn't checked the placement before I made my holes.

Hope this clears up the confusion. There would have been a lot of gap in the peg pivot shaft ( where it goes thru the plastic engine guard cover) if I hadn't double checked the fitment of the assembly.

I have them on my 03 LTe and they work great. Especially if you have a backrest. On long runs just lean back, put up your feet and turn up the music OH YAH! They look like they belong on the m/c rather then a cheap add-on. As far as cushioning potential falls, luckly I do not have any experience on that subject yet, you are replacing the side bar with a solid piece of stainless steel. I have heard of the stock bar bending and messing up the alignment of the tupperware. Which can be remedied by replacement. I don't think it is possible to bend the mounting plate. When I say solid plate steel I mean it is solid. The only complaint I have heard is from people with very long legs. I have a 32 inseam and they work fine for me.

:bliss

J-Pegs

Had mine installed by the Gina's Service Rep at the RA Rally last October..I like them and I believe he installed them NC at the Rally

whats a jpeg? I thought it was pics of nude ladies too...:confused:

ya seen one naked woman.......ya wanna see the rest of em!

Back