• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

St. Louis to Rally

St Louis to Rally

Have been trying to set up vac time and get things together to go. Wanted to leave on Tues. and take a easy ride up there same thing on way back. When were you planning on leaving?:whistle

Was thinking Wednesday to Tuesday or Tuesday to Tuesday. Would probably hit cheap hotels on the road and camp at the rally.

We should keep in touch. I hope to have my schedule together in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully we can work out a group.

I expect a bunch of Gateway Riders will be going. I am and I know of a couple others who are. To my knowledge none of us have made any definite plans yet. I'm still waffling about whether to do the Spearfish rally and the Top of the Rockies Rally. But most especially the Spearfish rally because will determine when I leave town.

St. Louis to Gillette to Alaska

I expect a bunch of Gateway Riders will be going. I am and I know of a couple others who are. To my knowledge none of us have made any definite plans yet. I'm still waffling about whether to do the Spearfish rally and the Top of the Rockies Rally. But most especially the Spearfish rally because will determine when I leave town.
I live 100 miles south of St. Louis at Exit 111 on I-55.

I'm meeting my soon to be 13 y/o son, Zach, in Gillette on Thursday, July 17, and we are departing on Saturday, July 19 for Denali NP, the Kenai Peninsula, Kodiak Island, and taking the Alaska Marine Ferry from Whittier to Prince Rupert, BC departing Whittier at 7:00 PM on Wednesday, July 30 and arriving in Prince Rupert at 4:45 PM on Saturday, August 2.

Want to tag along? The last time I was in Alaska, I was on Kodiak Island during the summer of 1969. I bought a Triumph Bonneville from the GM dealer on Kodiak Island and rode it to San Diego/Tijuana, then to Aspen, CO where I played ski bum for the winter of 1970, and finally to Birmingham, AL in April 1970. Basically took a year off and played Route 66. The Alcan was not paved way back then.

Attachments

• St Louis 2 Gillette 2 Alaska.pdf
    98 KB · Views: 3
Back