• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I love my Sheepskin Butt Pad!

Grey_Matter

On Monday I received my Sheepskin Butt Pad (Silver/Grey). I have been riding with it all week & this is without a doubt it is worth every penny. No more sore butt after my 35 mile daily commute to & from work.

Barb if you read this thank you for the great service & product.

http://www.alaskaleather.com/

Grey Matter said:
On Monday I received my Sheepskin Butt Pad (Silver/Grey). I have been riding with it all week & this is without a doubt it is worth every penny. No more sore butt after my 35 mile daily commute to & from work.

Barb if you read this thank you for the great service & product.

http://www.alaskaleather.com/

I'll second that. Love mine too. :clap

Grey Matter:

Great sig line. I've got another one from its source: "I don't know, yodas and ****"

Sheepskin is definitely a good deal. I have a Brazillian sheepskin that a friend who works overseas got for me -- $75 for the whole thing. And I mean the whole thing, except for the head and hooves.

I cut out a piece big enough to cushion the seat I occupy, and tuck it in around the seat edges. My butt thanks me ...

I don't know what the custom fitted covers cost, but anything that takes the edge off a stock BMW seat is a worthwhile investment.

I have a fitted sheepskin over the Corbin saddle for both seats. I put it on when I bought the bike and every time I take it off, I put it right back on! I'm with you guys on this being an outstanding item.

I will say that they are not for everyone. They make sliding around the seat nearly impossible for high speed/heavy duty corners. But I'll take the slower road and be much more comfortable.

I find that when I am traveling some major miles in the summer, or making my Fall/winter cold commute to work, or trying to cover some serious miles in the summer my sheepskin is a real life-saver.

Sheepskin

I got one from Areostich, right before a long ride (1400m round trip) to Big Bend and it's great. Nice price, cool when hot and warm when cold.:D

I have one on my 95 RS, Can't ride without it any more, especialy in the summer here in Arizona!

I hear the gel is good. I had a sheepskin,but a mouse thought it tasted pretty good. The sheepskin does work well though.

We have used Air Hawk for years now and would never use anything else. I've tried and tested riding for up to 18 hours a day and on single jourenys of more than 1,000 miles a piece. They might not be the cheapest, but what price comfort?

I'll second that. Airhawks still work in the pouring rain and dry very quickly.

Their slogan says it all: "You bet your ass they're good" :D

airhawk

Aerostich carries them: www.aerostich.com
They are listed at $167.00. I get real great service from Aerostich so I'd encourage you to use them unless someone else has them for less.:p

rapz,

Thanks for the website and the prompt answer to my question.
How does the Airhawk compare with a gel seat for comfort, if you
have used both?

Thanks again for your help.

Gerald

I had an Airhawk for my K100RT and it made long rides possible- the seat was horrible on that bike!
I now have an Alaska Leather sheepskin buttpad for The BatBike (R100R). It dies improve comfort some but I think it's less dramatic than the ads say. I've only had it for about a month so I can't say how it does in the cold, but in the heat it doesn't really seem to offer any advantage except for not feeling quite so hot when I first sit down.
I also wish it came with a strap for the front end- if I stand on the pegs while moving the front of the pad gets blown back over the rest of it.
The pad is a well-made product overall though and I think I will be much happier with it once I get the seat reshaped, as the stock padding is just not cut for my needs. But that's another story...

I ordered one from HERE I saw one on an ST1100 and it looked really great. the guy loved it and gave me this website.

Back