• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

TX riders going to rally?

lewise123

I'm in Austin and planning on going to Spokane for the rally. If there are any TX riders (or any other riders along the way) that want to meet up to ride to the rally then shoot me an email.

elewis1@austin.rr.com

I replied to your request via an email several days ago but never received a reply. I will be traveling from Odessa to the National Rally.

Send me an email with "Ken" or 'MOA" or such as subject so that it doens't accidently get deleted as spam.
Ken Kirk

Houston going

Mike Moore here. Plan on leaving on 9 July to arrive 12 July to support Rally chairs (Registration and Commercial Vendor). Will be camping, black '82 R100RT, yellow Eureka tent. Leaving on 18 July AM

MOA National

Planning to leave Odessa Sunday 11th. I have volunteered to help with registration desk so I need to be there Wednesday (14th) afternoon for my training etc. Also plan to leave Sunday.

Have you planned your route? Do you have mapping software?
I have MS Expedia 2000
Ken

Route from Houston

I'll go I45 to Dallas, I35 to I135, I135 to 81N, 81N to I80W, I80Wto I25, I25 to I90, I90 to Spokane. Not scenic but I'm schedule driven on this trip.

Last edited:
Hey Texans...have any of you picked a route back? I'll be leaving on Sunday also. I plan on doing a little sightseeing via Boise, Salt Lake, Denver, somewhere in Kansas, OK City then stopping in DFW before heading back to cajun country. What routes are you all planning on the return. thanks

rlukeyoung said:
Hey Texans...have any of you picked a route back? I'll be leaving on Sunday also. I plan on doing a little sightseeing via Boise, Salt Lake, Denver, somewhere in Kansas, OK City then stopping in DFW before heading back to cajun country. What routes are you all planning on the return. thanks

I was planning on leaving Dallas sometime on Monday the 12th to arrive Spokane the evening of the 14th. I'm planning on leaving Spokane Sunday after the rally is over and leisurely returning to DFW. What time will it wrap up on Sunday?

Has an event schedule been published anywhere yet?

The total trip is nearly 2k miles each way.

I believe the event schedule is up on the MOA main site, but I might be mistaken. Generally, Sunday is get up and get out, with the event officially over at noon or so.

Route from Dallas

I'm planning on leaving Dallas Monday July 12. Ride to Denver (876 miles) that day or maybe a little further, and then stop Tuesday night in Butte MT (777 miles) or so, and then arrive in Spokane on Wednesday(312 miles).

Attachments

• spokane.jpg
    spokane.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 57
We'll be leaving early July 8th to make the Top O'the Rockies ralley, an overnight at Flaming Gorge, then on to Yellostone for a brief stay before heading to Spokane. The trip back will be through Bryce Canyon, Arches N.P., Durango, CO and Santa Fe, NM.

Back