Thread: Getting New Tires at the Rally

charleshehl

Getting New Tires at the Rally

I will need new tires before returing home from the Rally.

Is it pretty easy to buy tires at the rally and have them mounted or should I order tires from a vendor prior to the rally?

I haven't seen a listing of vendors yet, is there on posted somewhere?

Charles,

There will be a vendor list posted before the rally.

I would suggest you contact a vendor in advance to make sure they have your size and flavor in stock.

Best,
    Rob Nye
    06 R1200GSADV 06 R1200RTP
    IBA 250 My Iron Butt Rally Blog
    Bristol, Rhode Island USA
    Proud to move oil

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    I walked up to the metzeler trailer last year and they had a set available for my roadster. I had them put on Friday and had the enjoyment of new tires on the roads there and on the way home. Michelin had a whole semi truck full of tires as well as Metzeler. If you get there early, go to the trailers and see what they have. I feel confident they will have tires for you.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Photogbiker
    Mac's cycles in Clarkston, WA is about 40 miles away if you want to call them to hold a pair and go there before or after the rally. Or just take the chance on the vendors...

SweetT
    I'll probably be needing tires too before the rally is through. Am I going to get gouged if I buy my tires at the rally? I've been to some rallys (non-BMW) where the vendors advertise "special rally prices" that are higher than the normal price.

thanks,
    Tarren Shaw

Smile

In the past tire prices at the rally have been fair. Page 89 of the May BMW Owners News features an ad by Mac's Cycle. Also, on page 87 there is an ad for Big Sky BMW located in Missoula, MT that offers a 15% tire discount for rally attendees. No doubt about it, you're gonna want good tires for the great roads!

Riding Like the Wind...

Chuck Manley #12106
    Director, BMW MOA
    Black '02 K12RS

Unregistered

Tires

Macs Cycle in Clarkston is closer to 80 miles south, just across from Lewiston, ID, Beaudry Motor Sports in Post Falls is roughly 25 miles east, just over the Idaho, Washington border. I have been into both of these dealerships on various occasions. I was in Missoula last summer but did not have time to visit the BMW dealership there.

Gene
    K1200LTC

Blocking the slow lane
    There is a great shop about 2 miles from the rally site called Ed's Motorcycle Tire and Supply on Sprague Avenue. Ed is an ex-BMW wrench well versed in the rubber requirements for our bikes.
    Jon Diaz
    BMW K75/K12GT
    BMWMOA Ambassador

Was talking with the sales manager at Beaudry's Motorsports last week... He expects to have a truck load of tires and all the equipment need to mount them at the rally site.

Beaudry's is located about 20 miles East of Spokane in Post Falls, Idaho and is the closest official BMW dealer to the rally site.

JetDoc