• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ibmwr Nepb

jdiaz

Blocking the slow lane
I attended another one of the longest running IBMWR events on the planet yesterday, the Northeast Presidents' Breakfast at the Flying W in Medford, NJ (http://www.flying-w-com), just east of Philadelphia. This time I was able to travel via motorcycle instead of cage.

Had a nice ride out from Elburn on Saturday, leaving at 0500 and overnighting at my mother-in-law's home in eastern PA. The remainder of the ride on Sunday was pleasant, although I was unable to meet up with one of our long-lost friends because the alternator belt on her R1100Sport gave up the ghost on the way to the meeting point.

I was one of the last to arrive at the event and had to park on the far side of the parking lot because there were so many bikes. The Flying W staff put on a great spread and I may have actually drifted off during the door prize presentation because they were giving away so much stuff. :) Thanks to the dealerships and vendors who supplied all that SWAG!

Good to see my friends yesterday.

IBMWR

:bliss
Hey John!
It was nice to be able to put a face (if only briefly) to a name we've seen for years. We rode up from Asheville, NC for the weekend and it was well worth it. I'm a Jersey girl, born and bred and loved seeing all my friends. The crowd increases every year with nicer and nicer folks. Congrats on the Long Distance Award!!

Julia Shirley

Thanks Julia! I saw you and Gene sitting over yonder....I'm sorry I didn't wander around a bit more. I guess that's a good excuse to come and see you in Asheville. :)

Welcome anytime

John,,you are welcome at our humble abode anytime! We have plenty of extra room and love entertaining fellow riders who are out to enjoy and ride our beautiful country!

I know how it is at those events...there were a bunch of folks we would have loved to chat with but there is so little time.....but that is what rallies are for also. So we'll catch up with ya sooner or later...

We really did have a good time in NJ (why would anyone want to live there??)
:dunno

Back