• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Boyds Boyds and more Boyds

R

rocketman

Images of Spring returning: the birds are back

Taken this afternoon. Decided to get the D80 and 70-300 VR lens out and shoot some of the feeder before we take it down for the summer. Its actually been a while since I used the SLR I've been having so much fun with the G9.

Boy, the D80 sure can beat the G9 in certain ways, esp. lower light. Day was very overcast, sun was on the far side of the house so I had to bump the EV setting up +2 on the last 6 or so. I was also shooting thru the sun room window and had use fairly low shutter speeds so these aren't as sharp and I could wish for. Still most came out pretty decent.
Varieties shown include Crackles, Doves, Black birds, Finches and Starlings as they all competed for food. We had just filled it yesterday and its already almost empty a day later.

enjoy.

bird1-web.jpg

bird2-web.jpg

bird3-web.jpg

bird4-web.jpg

bird5-web.jpg

bird6-web.jpg

bird7-web.jpg

bird8-web.jpg

bird9-web.jpg

bird10-web.jpg

bird11-web.jpg

bird12-web.jpg

RM

Last edited:
Caught these this morning.

271905080_VeMLp-XL.jpg

271904795_8tgTa-XL.jpg

And for something completely different, there was a quail in the neighbor's tree. :scratch

271901998_R25Dz-XL.jpg

Well that was much different from what I thought by the title. :doh I was expecting pictures of Boyds coffee. But that could be because I'm waiting for my coffee maker right now. :D

Just a few minutes ago behind the house.

1209230959.jpg

First time we have seen the new kids this year.

Yesterday on the coast:

274756988_tjex8-L.jpg

GREAT shot. Love the color, the light, etc.

For some reason, many of your images, but not this one, seem a little dark to me. Are you processing them in photoshop on your mac - and is the mac's gamma set to the default?

This in what I consider one of my best bird shots ever, you can actually see right thru the nostrils on its beak in an enlargement and see a hint of blue sky, up until then I was not even aware they were formed like that. This was shot during a few days in Nags Head and part a whole series that I was/am very pleased with.

close-up-sharpened.jpg

RM

Back