• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How To Install XM Radio On My R1150RT

yarbi

YARBI
I do not have a normal FM radio on my RT. I am looking for ideas on how to install a XM radio. I would like to just install the XM radio and run it through a small amp with volume control, then to my helmet headset. But I can't find a small amp like this. Or does anyone have another idea? Any help would be greatly appriecated.

XM Radio

Check the Aerostich riderwear catalog www.aerostich.com
page 123, the Delphi XM Roady. If that is what you are looking for. Please post if that works, I have been thinking the same thing.

Roady...

There was a guy at the shop with one the other day. He had a mount that held the radio in front, a very small shelf for the antenna behind but very close to the radio, and headphones. He said it worked very well.

Same advice as above, check out the Aerostitch online cat; they have all the details.

I have sat radio in my car (Sirius) and I love it. I hate radio commercials and jabbering and have a 45 minute commute.

Do a search for XM Radio via the search button and you'll find a couple threads that talk about this. Magwa has a pretty nice setup on his bike that uses XM.

Check out the newest Alpine Radio's,xm is built right into the radios.no other attachments are requiredPrice around 395.00:

I use a tesseract xma3 to interface the xm and valentine one on my bikes. Cycoactive or Cycle gadgets is going to have a waterproof cover for Delphi Roadies soon. (They have one for the Sky-Fi now). If you haven't yet bought a roadie but plan to, make sure you get one that is shielded from GPS. If you currently HAVE a roadie and care. Delphi will exchange your for a shielded one free. Just call the tech support toll free and get the shipping info.
Tesseract Corp.

Thanks for the information does the xma3 V.2 have a volume control and if not how do you control the volume of the XM radio??

Alpine radios with xm can be configured with a remote control
wired type,and either vlecroed to tank or put on tank bag,may
have to take off gloves to work,again unit is not water proof,
plastic bag unit when rain is due

YARBI said:
Thanks for the information does the xma3 V.2 have a volume control and if not how do you control the volume of the XM radio??

No, this version doesn't (V2-it has the 9V/hardwire options) but Todd is working on a version that does. What I do now is set the output volume of the Roadie in the ballpark, and use a little in-line volume control from Radio Shack when I really need to turn it down. I find I really don't have to often.

Back