• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sanitary Concerns

Ditto on the late afternoon showers. West Bend was my first rally ever and I had the showers to myself every day. I thought they did an A+ job on both the toilet and shower facilities.

The only comparison event I could use is RAGBRAI which is a week-long, 500 mile rolling bicycle tour accross Iowa the third week in July. Between 12,000 to 20,000 bicyclists go every year and the portable toilets/showers really get a workout. The facilities are usually reasonably well maintained but West Bend was even better.

At West Bend the shower and porta facacilities were excellent. Especially the portas. There were hundreds of them (maybe thousands) and I think they were all brand new, and always clean.

John

Extra kudos too for having handwashing facilities near all the units! :clap :clap :clap

I continue to be amazed at how soft and stuck in routine some of us are. If a morning shower is a necessary part of your waking up ritual, I suggest that it is never too late to toughen up a bit and get over it. A nice clean hot shower is indeed a wonderful thing, but if you can learn to skip a day or two now and then you'll appreciate those hot clean showers even more when you do take them.

Motorcycle people are supposed to be sturdy and resilient not whiney pansies.

when this all withstands the white glove inspection of brian curry, THEN i will be impressed.....

:ha

ian

Ditto Holly

I'll be one of those checking the men's facilities. I know I speak for both Holly and myself when I say we are well aware of how important clean restroooms, porta-potties, and showers are to us all.

The first time I go in the restroom or shower or porta-pottie at a new campground, I feel a slight twinge of fear as to what I'm about to find.

We will do anything and everything necessary to make sure the facilities are very well maintained. Actually this isn't going to be that difficult as Cam-Plex has been absolutely fantastic to work with so far and their reputation for attention to detail is extraordinary. The porta-potties are being cleaned twice a day, as they were in West Bend (thanks Sue and Brian!) We, as BMWMOA volunteers, will be carefully monitoring. If anyone sees a problem please report it. It will be channeled to us and we will deal with it ASAP. There are 48+ showers permanently on the Cam-Plex grounds.

Gillette is going to be a blast, see you all soon.:dance

Stan Herman; rally cleanliness chair

Back