• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The World awakes!

R

rocketman

My world is waking up, each morning for the past week when I arrive at work around 6 AM this little guy is sitting in one of the trees ride outside my office next to the pond, just singing his little head off.
awake-1.jpg

Then when I come out a little later to watch the sun come up and reddish light play on the pond surface

awake-2.jpg

and have my cup of coffee, hes still there and still calling out to all the lady birds that might be in area and are looking for a handsome young bird to build a nest with

awake-3.jpg

With any luck he will find a mate near by and they will build their nest in his tree and Ill get watch them at their work, he does seem to like this one treeits been the same one for a week now

And I can see more and more buds popping into view on the branches of his tree

awake-5.jpg

WeÔÇÖve also got a pair of muskrats that have built a home in reeds at the far end of the pond and I sometimes see them swimming in the early hours. No pictures of them yet as they prefer the early pre-dawn hours and arenÔÇÖt out much during the day when there is enough light to photograph them, but hopefully they will get bolder as they get used to their new home.
Because of the location of the muskrat den I had to shot these somewhat into the sun, when the sun moves into the afternoon IÔÇÖll be able to shot the den at a better angle with shooting thru the reeds they made it out of..
For now..
A close-up

awake-7.jpg

And one showing some of the rest of the pond and the green of the new growth along the edges

awake-6.jpg

The fish are getting more active now as well, lots of bubbling and churning in the water in early hours as they feed and ÔÇ£sportÔÇØ,,,,

Ah yes, Spring is finally here and even though it was 33 riding into work its going to get into the 50's by the time I leave work and I can just see the mountains from my building, I think IÔÇÖll have to go looking for more signs of spring and take the loooooonnnnng (200 mile) way home today!

RM

My world is waking up, each morning for the past week when I arrive at work around 6 AM this little guy is sitting in one of the trees ride outside my office next to the pond, just singing his little head off.
awake-1.jpg

This is a neat image. The image's sharpness, the slight underexposure, the fill flash, the shallow-ish depth of field, and the birds striking color all combine to make this an excellent shot.

G9?

This is a neat image. The image's sharpness, the slight underexposure, the fill flash, the shallow-ish depth of field, and the birds striking color all combine to make this an excellent shot.

G9?

Yup!

RM

After work I headed out toward the Blue Ridge looking for some more evidence of spring, but since I spent most of the time at or above 3000 feet there wasn't nearly as much up that high, but on the way home I did catch a few nice shots of some trees just starting to bloom.

awake-8-web.jpg

awake-9-web.jpg

and one of the nice spring farm field at the base of the hills just east of the Blue Ridge

awake-10-web.jpg

RM

Back