• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

i'm batman

U

USERNAME

fellow one-car garage enthusiasts,

holy-why-didn't-i-do-this sooner!

i have a small garage, and a narrow driveway that is a little sloped. whenever i return for a ride, i have to move the outermost car so that i can do a 17-point turn in the driveway and then back my bike down next to the bus and into the garage. a big hassle. im also totally convinced that i will drop my bike while doing this, in full view of my neighbors and my SO and my cat and everyone else. so i had this idea for a little turntable in the garage that i could put the bike on, and just spin the thing around. this would allow me to just roll into the garage like Mr. Cool, spin the bike, and when i want to go out, im pointed in the right direction. so this afternoon i put my plan into action.

one ~$10.00 lazy susan bearing. (rated to 1,000 lbs)
one free piece of scrap metal from a shop here in town

done and done. check it out...

my narrow-ass driveway, with two cars in it....

Attachments

• dscf0205.jpg
    dscf0205.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 608
not much room... i often catch the mirrors on this tree.

Attachments

• dscf0206.jpg
    dscf0206.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 616
go ahead, make me an offer on the bus...i'll throw in a set of weber carbs and the magnetic poetry kit. (the sides are covered with things folks have written.)

Attachments

• dscf0207.jpg
    dscf0207.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 611
pulling in so fast that no one saw the location of the Beak Cave. (sorry, photo is crap, but you get the... ahh, the picture.)

Attachments

• dscf0208.jpg
    dscf0208.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 610
begin the rotation...

Attachments

• dscf0209.jpg
    dscf0209.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 584
and im ready to head out as soon as commissioner gordon phones...

Attachments

• dscf0210.jpg
    dscf0210.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 530
Deeedle deedle deedle deedle aweet!!
Bomma Bomma Bomma Bomma Bomma
Bomma bomma bomma

Batman!!!:wow

Outstanding

You Americans are so inventive. Plan me move this country to sometime soon, you bet!

Hmmm, can I make an offer on Godzilla only, since I don't need the rest of the bus?

And you may have the BatCave, but I've got THE BATBIKE!

either im a tough guy able to keep my woman in line, or she doesnt give a sh!t about her car. i'll let you guess which is the case. ;)

username said:
either im a tough guy able to keep my woman in line, or she doesnt give a sh!t about her car. i'll let you guess which is the case. ;)

I'll go with the latter, I haven't met anybody THAT tough!:bliss

Where did you get the lazy susan bearing? I've seen these contraptions in catalogs for $200 or so, and I've wanted one forever (almost). Nice job.

Carl

home depot. it's rated to 1,000 lbs. it makes me wonder what *else* people are using these things for...

also, if you look in my crappy photos, you can see in the side view one where the bike is way forward on the edge of the plate, not properly centered at all. the thing still works great. i feel like a dork but when i pulled in yesterday, i spun it all the way around three times, giggling, just because i could. :D

Back