• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

SLO Ride - The Video

burnszilla

I finally got around to producing this..

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oxOMsc_PP4M&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oxOMsc_PP4M&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Definitely GS territory.
Nice job, Mr. Burns.
I don't know that I could do hand held shots like that and feel comfortable, you may want to take Mr. Swider's advice.
Thanks for sharing.

It's not that hard to shoot. The camera is small. I am building a mount for it.
AAAAAtTIJOQAAAAAAIshHg.jpg

I'm thinking of mounting multiple flip cameras all over the bike.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

I liked it. I liked it. I road the James Dean road 10 years ago. And I liked it then too !!
Thanks!! Good music BTW. Who is that?

Thanks for putting this up. Great editing... Took me along for the ride.

Very Good

The video was awesome and informative. Was going to asked who sang the song but saw you put the credit at the end.

Mount for the Flip

Burnszilla: "It's not that hard to shoot. The camera is small. I am building a mount for it."

What type of mount would hold this camera? What are your ideas for the mount?

It's fun to make ride videos. But to ride through water while holding a camera? You definitely need a more secure mount so you don't wind up along with Mr. Dean.

The RAM mounts can be pretty flexible insofar as mounting locations. Or you could get some small C-clamps, a bit of aluminum, and some 1/4-20 nuts and bolts from the local hardware store and make your own bracket.

For posting to YouTube, I think that the inexpensive cameras that record to solid-state memory are fine.

Hugely entertaining. Thanks.

I'm gettin' a helmet cam. That's all there is to it.

Great video! Try to pan a little slower, your making me sea sick!:sick

Actualy, as far as cycle video goes, that was some of the best I've seen.

It's not that hard to shoot. The camera is small. I am building a mount for it.

From the looks of it, both bikes in that video had BMW hand guards. I'm assuming one of those GSes is yours.

What I did to make a mount was put a second RAM Ball on the "other" BMW hand guard as well. Thats after I noticed how well the first one worked to mount my GPS.

Last summer I used it to mount my camera and it worked out really well. Not only was it used to mount my camera during videoing, it was also used to store my camera for those times I wanted to stop and take a quick-pic without having to dig a camera out of a pocket. I used Quick-Release parts that I ordered from Manfrotto, a tripod that I also have.

All I did was modify another RAM-B-236 ball with a 1/4"-20 threaded stud, a threaded large washer (I made that on my lathe, but you can buy that part from Manfrotto). RAM also has a solution for what I made.

So attached to the RAM ball on my BMW hand guard below, I have a RAP-B-201 3" arm and the above-mentioned modified RAM-B-236 ball (with or without Manfrotto Quick-Release). If I need to extend and position the set-up at some weird angle, I have a RAM-B-230 double ended ball to attach a second RAP-B-201 3" arm. I have to get around to posting pics of that set-up in the near future.

148883143_aJLpw-L-1.jpg

BTW, an enjoyable video. I wish more people would post them of areas driven so that those that haven't been can get an idea of what an area is like. This coming from someone that hasn't posted one yet...sorry.

Back