• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Posting more than one picture

Just tried to do a ride report. Wrote a sentence and than attached a picture. Wrote another etc. Only picture that showed up was the last one. How do you submit more than one photo. Thanks.

You can only attach one file to a message so you can only get one picture at a time in there that way.

If you have your images up on the web somewhere, you can link to the image and put up to ten or so images in one message.

To do so, find your picture on the web, right click on it and select Properties. Copy the Location (highlight it and select Ctrl+C).

Go back to your message and click the IMG button. Paste the image location in the little box that pops up by using Ctrl+V.

Hit return. Your image will now appear as part of yoru message.

The way it works, in general, is that vBulletin, our forum software, sees the IMG tag and says "I'm going to display and image from this location in this space on the message".

I use www.smugmug.com to host my images. It's only about $20 a year or so for unlimited galleries and 2Gigabytes of transfer, which is a LOT of transfer.

My galleries are at http://kbasa.smugmug.com if you want to see what smugmug looks like.

Dave

I used to put a whole bunch of pictures up in one post, but lately I've been putting one picture with a caption up, even though I"m web hosting my pictures. I think it adds a sequence of story telling to the report.

Back