• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ride to Colorado Springs

podsobinski

Yesterday my friend and I took a ride to Colorado Springs from our home town in Canon City50 mile. Nice to get into semi mountain roads with curves but a little cool. Went to the BMW shop, of course, we hadn't been there in a long time. Ask about the GS800 and they said "not until fall" plus no one has ask for their deposit back! Ask about the GS650 twin and they said "maybe July". Got to see two new 1200 Adventures, man it was tempting 105 hp and good looks. I have forgotten how I felt buying my old 02 GS new 6 1/2 years ago. I am due for a replacement but the darn thing runs so good and it is set up sooooo nice it just feels like part of me. 85,000 can it last forever or until I can't ride anymore?
Alittle snow today, spring is to slow getting here!

gpodzo

06 R1200RT
02 R1150GS
03 XR650L

Yesterday my friend and I took a ride to Colorado Springs from our home town in Canon City50 mile. Nice to get into semi mountain roads with curves but a little cool. Went to the BMW shop, of course, we hadn't been there in a long time. Ask about the GS800 and they said "not until fall" plus no one has ask for their deposit back! Ask about the GS650 twin and they said "maybe July". Got to see two new 1200 Adventures, man it was tempting 105 hp and good looks. I have forgotten how I felt buying my old 02 GS new 6 1/2 years ago. I am due for a replacement but the darn thing runs so good and it is set up sooooo nice it just feels like part of me. 85,000 can it last forever or until I can't ride anymore?
Alittle snow today, spring is to slow getting here!

gpodzo

06 R1200RT
02 R1150GS
03 XR650L

Hi Podman -

Ran into Bob Vickary (sp?) on my ride down from Denver, to the Springs, on Friday. He was rolling around on his R-100 with the Windjammer fairing. Shared a few stories about "Doc" and their sidecar days. One story involved how they went 15 miles up I-25, side by side, without the wheel of their hacks ever touching the ground, once.

Sure miss those "mom and pop" Dealer days of old.

FWIW

J.K. :wow

P.S. Doc's daughter was quite an eye-full and motorhead to boot. She once re-laced my rear wheel when I had to replace the hub because of a fried bearing. You couldn't help notice her always zipping around town, in Doc's rig, with their dog as her co-pilot.

Nice to get out eh? Getting 1" to 2" each day the past few days. Just as it melts along comes a little more. Ahhhh, early spring in the Rockies.

Too much snow

Yea, it was nice to get out and ride some curvies. Been doing of few rides east of Pueblo and south to Walsenburg but that gets old. I am a little worried about the GS rides we are going to try for Top of the Rockies, they may not be open due to too much snow. Rivers will be running full also but this week is suppose to be warm! :brad

gpodzo

Back