Thread: K75RT stuff

Hmmm, I just agreed to buy a 85 or 86 (not sure) K100 from a friend that runs a local bike garage and it has a noticable hissing noise too. I asked him about it and he said "that's just the way it sounds". hahaha, I'm not so sure he knows that to be a fact but the bike ran good for what little bit I rode it. I thought maybe I was just hearing the carbs sucking air (assuming it even has carbs, I didn't look). Anyway it's got 60k miles and looks great, it's all black and the electric windshield impressed me.

bmwmick
    Randy,
    The fuel pump is a roller pump and the noise it makes is sort of a hissing noise too. I'm guessing you agreed to buy a K1100 if it has the electric windscreen....unless he added it. It was not available until 1993 on the first K1100LT's.
    You need to go to www.ibmwr.org and learn all about K-Bikes. No carbs since 1985 in the states.

Mick

Hey thanks for the info. The bike said K100 on the rear fender. The prior owner must have added the electric windshield then. It also had full fairing and at least 8 switches built into that, bmw saddlebags, yellow choke light that worked, digital gear position indicator, and a strange looking muffler... triangle shape I think it was. I'm not having any luck finding a picture that looks like it.

Randy

What's that noise...? basketcase's Avatar

K75RT

Triangle shaped muffler.

I don't recall the shape of the muffler on my K100, and unfortunately, don't have a picture of it in digital format.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '98 BMW Z3 Roadster, '00 R1100RT

If you insist on exercising a right to burn our flag, first be so kind as to wrap yourself in it and then douse yourself with gasoline just before you strike the match.

That picture looks like it, add bags and paint it black. Except for the kickstand, that's different. So did any K100's come with this configuration or did the former owner just do a lot of reconfiguring?

ps: I'm not trying to hijack this thread, really!

What's that noise...? basketcase's Avatar
    No problem. Last I heard from Lee, his K11 had quit hissing.
    '98 BMW Z3 Roadster, '00 R1100RT

If you insist on exercising a right to burn our flag, first be so kind as to wrap yourself in it and then douse yourself with gasoline just before you strike the match.

Kool Aid Dispenser! jimvonbaden's Avatar
    Originally posted by R75rider
    That picture looks like it, add bags and paint it black. Except for the kickstand, that's different. So did any K100's come with this configuration or did the former owner just do a lot of reconfiguring?

ps: I'm not trying to hijack this thread, really!
    The K100's had a square muffler, and the K75's had a triangle muffler to represent the three cylinders. Some newer K75 and K100 RT's had an electric windshields and it is comon to see older ones with a retrofitted set up.

Jim