Thread: Hot Air Ballooning in South Dakota

Hot Air Ballooning in South Dakota

There is a hot air balloon company based out of Custer, SD that does rides over the Black Hills region. My wife and I have always wanted to take a balloon ride, and I can't think of a better area to do it. They can accomodate groups from 2 to 12. The price listed on their web page is $245 for adults, or $195 for children.

Are there others who might be interested in doing this? There might be a group discount price. I also wonder if someone from MOA could swing us a RALLY DISCOUNT? (Hint Hint...)

Here's their link:
    http://blackhillsballoons.com/

And their phone number:
    (605) 673-2520

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 62373 View Post
    There is a hot air balloon company based out of Custer, SD that does rides over the Black Hills region. My wife and I have always wanted to take a balloon ride, and I can't think of a better area to do it. They can accomodate groups from 2 to 12. The price listed on their web page is $245 for adults, or $195 for children.

Are there others who might be interested in doing this? There might be a group discount price. I also wonder if someone from MOA could swing us a RALLY DISCOUNT? (Hint Hint...)

Here's their link:
    http://blackhillsballoons.com/

And their phone number:
    (605) 673-2520
    Seems like you could do that Just call and ask how many for a group discount. Then post here and see if we have that many people interested. The next step is getting people to actually register and pay up, which I would recommend you have them do directly with the balloon company.

If you need more help, ask. Carol and Deb are the rally ChairPeople and their contact info should be on the Rally page.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

I'd be seriously interested for 2 spots. It would strongly depend on when. Day and time would be critical. I'll keep watch here.
    Live this day.

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn View Post
    Seems like you could do that Just call and ask how many for a group discount. Then post here and see if we have that many people interested. The next step is getting people to actually register and pay up, which I would recommend you have them do directly with the balloon company.
    The difference is that when a business offers a rally discount it is then open to anyone who shows up wearing a wristband from the event, regardless of how many people in the group or when they come. Otherwise it has to be a more formal organized group to get the discount. The rally discount just offers more flexibility and requires less planning.

I will be talking to them in the next couple of days, and plan to feel them out in terms of their willingness to offer discounts.

In terms of when, I have some flexibility on that since it's not very far from the rally site. It could really be Wednesday before, during or Sunday after. So if interested parties have more specific time constraints let me know, and hopefully they can be accomodated.

Jerry

flight times

Bear in mind!! Hot air balloons fly best at sun raise.

Quote Originally Posted by hhshort View Post
    Bear in mind!! Hot air balloons fly best at sun raise.
    Yes, this is true. On their website they state that trips are all morning trips, due to more suitable conditions then.