• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post your one day ride photo.....

Looks good Don. The red XR looks good with the color matched bag lids.

Thanks Lee.

It's nice to have that option available. The white XR's aren't so lucky.

After getting a chance to log more miles, I'm really getting to like this bike a lot. It's a blast to ride.

I too will join the choir... Nice photos Don. I like the way you got that XR set up. The mill looks good in the background. I see a hint of waterfall back there. Last night I googled all the waterfalls in Alabama. I'm thinking about making a waterfall tour of Alabama this year. Have tent: will travel.

Thanks Ranger. I didn't snap a picture of it, but on the stream side of that building there is large water wheel that powers the mill. It wasn't running which is why I didn't take a picture.

I'm really enjoying the XR a lot. IMO, BMW has hit the mark nicely with this bike. It's probably a bit of stretch for a two up touring bike, definitely not in the RT or K1600 league, but for one up and an absolute blast to ride it's tough to beat IMO.

Thanks Lee.

It's nice to have that option available. The white XR's aren't so lucky.

After getting a chance to log more miles, I'm really getting to like this bike a lot. It's a blast to ride.

Thanks Ranger. I didn't snap a picture of it, but on the stream side of that building there is large water wheel that powers the mill. It wasn't running which is why I didn't take a picture.

I'm really enjoying the XR a lot. IMO, BMW has hit the mark nicely with this bike. It's probably a bit of stretch for a two up touring bike, definitely not in the RT or K1600 league, but for one up and an absolute blast to ride it's tough to beat IMO.

The XR brings the hooligan out in me. My wife said she would only buy it if "I would willingly trade bikes with her" when she wanted a nicer ride. I assured her I would be willing to do so, sometimes. I have put 2x more miles on it that she....

View attachment 54727

It was abandoned. We walked in is was unlocked. There were numerous artificers laying about from 50 to 100 years old. We could have just picked up whatever we wanted as a souvieneer but of course didn't. After all, we are a MM and we respected the owners property. NOE=Nap Of the Earth. Low level flight route.

OK, I'll bite...can you explain the artificer part ? I thought that was a skilled craftsman ? or having to do with military mechanics ?

Also what is an MM ?

OK, I'll bite...can you explain the artificer part ? I thought that was a skilled craftsman ? or having to do with military mechanics ?

Also what is an MM ?

I'm sorry "artifacts" as I do most of my posting on an iPad, there is a lot of autocorrects that I'm not fond of causing me to have to go back continuously and QC each and every post. This one slipped through. I apologize.

You've heard of an MC, Motorcycle Club? For example Hells Angels MC, or Sons of Anarchay MC? An MM is a Motorcycle Ministry. Loosely in LAHBW's case, tightly in other MM's cases structured around an MC concept with the intent of providing ministry to the motorcycle community.

I'm sorry "artifacts" as I do most of my posting on an iPad, there is a lot of autocorrects that I'm not fond of causing me to have to go back continuously and QC each and every post. This one slipped through. I apologize.

You've heard of an MC, Motorcycle Club? For example Hells Angels MC, or Sons of Anarchay MC? An MM is a Motorcycle Ministry. Loosely in LAHBW's case, tightly in other MM's cases structured around an MC concept with the intent of providing ministry to the motorcycle community.

Gotch'ya Thanks !

It's a pretty nice February day in ND so I thought I would get the bike out for the first ride of the season and check out the local fishing pond. It's not every day you take a photo of your bike next to the lake with an ice fisherman in the background.

i-QLpkcrK-XL.jpg

Not much snow this year?

We've actually had one of the nicest winters I can remember. Hardly any snow, warm temps, February days most of which were above 20 degrees, and the last couple in the 50's and 60's. I'm loving it.

P2270119.jpg

P2270121.jpg

Slime Bridge near Wimberley on the Blanco ...finally can see the road surface since the floods and the river has leveled...but I had SLIME visions running thru my head and turned around today.:laugh:laugh
Maybe next week I'll give it a roll...It was 70 all day today...just right, but not for a slip,slide and a splash.

It still amazes me to see how high the flood level was when seeing pictures like this.

attachment.php

Today it was off to the the Theodore Roosevelt National Park North Unit. The North Unit has a 15 mile drive to enjoy the views and wildlife, but the only portion open this time of year is the first six miles into the park. I stopped and bought my annual park pass ($40) anyway and went in to check it out.

IMG_0388-XL.jpg

Even though it is February, it feels like an early spring is on the way.

IMG_0390-XL.jpg

P2290031.jpg

P2290030.jpg

Edge Falls Road near Kendalia. This hasn't run regularly for years, unless right after a rain upstream. Was pleasantly surprised today. :thumb Springs are running!
It isn't the true Edge Falls according to some who say a better set is upstream on private property

Is Edge Falls Road hard surface? When we're in the area we usually run across 473, but have not gone down Edge Falls Road.

Is Edge Falls Road hard surface? When we're in the area we usually run across 473, but have not gone down Edge Falls Road.

Yes, narrow two lane , extends from Blanco-Kendalia road crossing at 473. Popular road on weekends.

P2290022.jpg

P2290018.jpg

Also on Edge Falls yesterday

Last edited:
Riding to Fricks Locks Village. When the power plant was built in the '80s, the town was within the exclusion zone around nuclear power plants so all inhabitants had to leave. Exelon, who owns the plant, is slowly rehabbing the village which dates to the 18th century

I didn't stay long. :)

IMG_3164.jpg

P3030007.jpg

P3030009.jpg
for the nameplate folks:wave

P3030001.jpg

US281 is in a regular corridor for these on their way north from the coast. Freeport,TX has been a point of entry and laydown yard. I don't remember seeing GE equipment in the yard I frequently passed.

Pass them in convoys or in set in place off the highways typically and never think about the true size...until yesterday parked outside town. It's HUGE.:eek

Back